HANDTOOLS: BRACES, 2101s, Bits, Boxed bits, Eggbeater, NOS Saw Set
Ok, I've got stuff available, so lets start with the boring stuff.... braces, bit sets, crispy eggbeater and a NOS saw set.
Pics beyond the teasers can be seen here in a Flickr album here:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...9086810252
and my descriptions follow the order in the album.

First up are two 10" throw braces; the one on the left is a Craftsman 4240 from the '50s, made by Millers Falls, and on the right is a Stanley 945A. Both work like they should, and will be good user braces, Take your pick for $20 plus shipping. Teaser:
[Image: 48064259992_4d4d4bb4d6_b.jpg]

Next, well, I've been lucky at the markets, haven't seen any Yankee 2101's in 8 months or so, and in one weekend I snagged the more uncommon versions, a 12" throw and two Bell System 8" throws. If you are not familiar with the 2101, it is the finest brace ever made, ball bearing chuck, holds brace bits as well as round bits; usually found in 10" throw, the 8s and 12s are not that common. Here's your chance to get one. The one on the left is the 12" for $60 plus shipping, the middle is an 8" for $55 plus shipping, and the one on the right is a very crispy 8", nickel plating 95++%, which is $65 (SOLD), a real peach. Grab 'em before they go..... teaser pic:

[Image: 48064206153_1d60ddbd50_b.jpg]

Now for bits . . . . 

Next is a full set (#4 through #16) of bits, Irwin pattern, a "Harlequin" set, e.g., of mixed manufacture. The 11 and 13 are Jennings pattern. All have lead screws that are not buggered up, and all have good flute life. Clean bits and good users. Yours for $75 plus shipping, that's less than $6 per bit, price them new and you will see the value here.  Teaser:
[Image: 48064155846_43ccbd19b6_b.jpg]

Next is a "short set" of mostly vintage Craftsman bits (made by Irwin), plus an Irwin adjustable bit. Most commonly used sizes are included - 4,6,8,9,10,12,14 and 16; again, lead screws and flutes are in very nice shape, plus you get the adjustable bit as a bonus. Again, about $6 per bit, yours for $55 plus shipping. Teaser pic:
[Image: 48064205583_987938922d_b.jpg]

Next up is a full set (4-16) of matched Acrabore Irwin pattern bits in a fitted wooden case. Not much use on these bits, very nice condition, crispy and well cared for by the previous owner. Zero apologies, a great matched box set. Yours for $95 plus shipping.  [SOLD] Teaser:
[Image: 48064205413_03a1caa1c5_b.jpg]

Next up is a vintage Craftsman eggbeater, #1071, this one was made by Millers falls for Sears. Very nice and crisp condition, not much use, double gearing which is an indication of quality, chuck smooth and tight, excellent example. Handle opens for bit storage. They simply don't make 'em like this anymore, price the german imports, lesser quality, and you'll see the value here. Yours for $35 plus shipping.  SOLD Teaser:
[Image: 48064155166_1d0c4e646f_b.jpg]

Last but not least is a NOS (new old stock) Stanley 42SS saw set, crisp, in the box with the instructions. Lately you cannot buy any new, LV and TFWW are out of stock, so here's your chance for a good user saw set. Yours for $30 plus shipping. SOLD Teaser:
[Image: 48064204853_e7c73b1682_b.jpg]

As always, first PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority, and PLEASE include your full shipping address in the PM so I can print mailing labels and quote you shipping. I don't have paypal or any other EFT, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum, then checks are just fine.

Always quality tools that I would personally own and priced fairly.....(selling because I have all of this stuff already! :-) .. ...). Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Crispy 2101 8" brace is sold along with the saw set and eggbeater.
Boxed bit set is sold.
PM sent on non crispy 8” brace.
Father's Day Week sale: take one of the $20 braces and either of the bit sets and I'll ship for a flat rate of $5 to the US.
(06-16-2019, 12:15 PM)theoldfart Wrote: PM sent on non crispy 8” brace.

8" 2101 is sold.
Bump for the harlequin bit sets, the two 10" braces and the Yankee 12" brace.
Full set of harlequin bits now $65; short set of bits now $45, buy either set with one of the 10" braces, and the brace will be $15, all plus shipping.
(06-21-2019, 03:04 PM)Admiral Wrote: Full set of harlequin bits now $65; short set of bits now $45, buy either set with one of the 10" braces, and the brace will be $15, all plus shipping.

Short set and Craftsman 10" brace are sold.
(06-23-2019, 03:04 PM)Admiral Wrote: Short set and Craftsman 10" brace are sold.
12" Throw Yankee 2101 now $55 plus shipping.  You all know you want one!!  
Laugh