Yikes!!! Need a special hinge
Gentlemen, I made a major screw up and I'm hoping there is a special hinge that will save me.  I built a cabinet with overlay doors and four sliding drawers.  

What I did wrong was fail to realize that the when the overlay door is open, the edge of the door is inside of the space bounded by the face frame.  As I didn't take this into account, I made the four drawers (and their mount slides) exactly the width of the opening.  Is there a speciality hinge that will swing the door all the way out of the way when opened?
MAKE: Void your warranty, violate a user agreement, fry a circuit, blow a fuse, poke an eye out...  www.makezine.com

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

A swing clear hinge will do what you want, but probably is not the style of hinge you planned for.
(06-15-2019, 04:16 PM)jgourlay Wrote: Gentlemen, I made a major screw up and I'm hoping there is a special hinge that will save me.  I built a cabinet with overlay doors and four sliding drawers.  

What I did wrong was fail to realize that the when the overlay door is open, the edge of the door is inside of the space bounded by the face frame.  As I didn't take this into account, I made the four drawers (and their mount slides) exactly the width of the opening.  Is there a speciality hinge that will swing the door all the way out of the way when opened?
I'm confused. When I look in my kitchen, I see all overlay doors with typical standard kitchen cabinet overlay hinges and they all open to clear the face frame opening. In fact, all of my lower cabinets have roll-out shelves that I installed and they all clear the doors nicely. So, I guess I don't understand the problem. Maybe a picture or two would help.
Most hinges for full overlay doors on cabinets with a face frame move the door clear of the opening. The cabinet part of the hinge that mounts to the side of the face frame is about 1/8" thick and. 1" tall on some versions. There are also surface mount versions, but they are not totally concealed.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
I'm assuming you are looking for a Euro hinge. Blum makes what they call a "zero-protrusion" hinge that is designed for just this sort of application. Usually it's used for pull-out trays behind doors to eliminate the need for blocking out the slides but it should work for your drawers, too.
The no-mortise hinge might work, but it will not have any spring closing action. I used these on glass cabinet doors that I made years ago.
[Image: everbilt-door-hinges-16120-64_1000.jpg]
Rip to width. Plane to thickness. Cut to length. Join.