Saturday night Blue Light Special Stanley #624A Eggbeater
Thumbs Up 
This one in in great condition and has a full set of eight different sized straight fluted drill bits in the handle...not the mixed spiral-fluted twist drills usually found with these tools. I don't like spiral fluted bit in hand cranked drills because they sometimes have a tendency to "catch" in the wood, making cranking difficult...the rake angle is too acute and the bits want to take too big of a bite...This drill has double steel gears and an excellent functioning three-jaw chuck..The finish is in good shape also and the threads in the knob are not stripped as many are..It's a nice eggbeater...Price is $30.00 plus shipping..USA sale only {sorry}.... Paypal only...Thanks for looking..

[Image: fullsizeoutput-6d7.jpg]

[Image: fullsizeoutput-6e3.jpg]

[Image: fullsizeoutput-6e9.jpg]
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Jack, you are absolutely right about fluted bits, that's why they were used in the Yankee push drill. I have a set(s) in my user eggbeater(s); easy to sharpen too!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(06-15-2019, 07:35 PM)Admiral Wrote: Jack, you are absolutely right about fluted bits, that's why they were used in the Yankee push drill.  I have a set(s) in my user eggbeater(s); easy to sharpen too!

Very easy to sharpen, Rich...If I am forced to use spiral fluted twist drills in a hand drill, I "back off" the rake and clearance angles to just a few degrees with a slip-stone and grinder, making them perform much better in wood, in an eggbeater, { or push drill } but not very good anymore for metal. Just an old machinist trick I learned long ago..
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset