best way to cut a plaster wall.
This is not the same piece, but it is the best image I could find on line to describe the problem.  The angle grinder has a groove in the bearing journal that the shroud has to fit onto.  You will notice the raised ridge in the inside of the three small die cast pieces.  Those ridges have to fit in the groove on the bearing journal.  

The one I got did not have die cast pieces, but had stamped pieces with a dimple to replace the ridge.  But I was not able to push the piece close enough for those to engage in the slot.  The result was that mount would rub against the rotating disc.  

I struggled with it for about an hour before I realized that it simply was not going to happen.

DeWalt makes a dust shroud for flat surface grinding ($160.00), but it would not work for cutting and it costs more than the grinder.  

My alternative plan is to take a tube sock and cut off the toe.  I will then slip it on my forearm and side the vacuum hose past my nuckles.  I will let you know how that works.

[Image: 9a72e222-1e78-4a67-aef6-f7f8b57907e8.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I just removed the tile from the tub area in one of our bathrooms. Oscillating saw worked perfectly. Perfect edge and only a little dust.
(06-27-2019, 12:52 AM)fptahoe Wrote: I just removed the tile from the tub area in one of our bathrooms. Oscillating saw worked perfectly.  Perfect edge and only a little dust.

I have a DeWalt multi-tool and one of these carbide blades, which was labeled "carbide" but only cost $20.00 so I  am not entirely sure what it is.  Is this the type of blade that you used?

[Image: 236-0806_RW8946.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
After remodeling several homes now, I've learned that Dust Happens. I'll hang plastic sheets when I can or aim a fan out the nearest window and open a window somewhere else for make-up air. Many times, it's just easier to clean up the dust. I do turn off the HVAC so it won't run when dust is in the air and keep the door to that room close if possibte to help the dust stay localized. At this point I give dust control about 1 minute of thought. I either hang plastic or I don't. I expect to clean up and always have sweeping compound on hand.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(06-29-2019, 12:51 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: After remodeling several homes now, I've learned that Dust Happens. I'll hang plastic sheets when I can or aim a fan out the nearest window and open a window somewhere else for make-up air. Many times, it's just easier to clean up the dust. I do turn off the HVAC so it won't run when dust is in the air and keep the door to that room close if possibte to help the dust stay localized. At this point I give dust control about 1 minute of thought. I either hang plastic or I don't. I expect to clean up and always have sweeping compound on hand.

Also block any HVAC forced air vents in the bathroom for the duration of the remodel. DAMHIKT.
dust happens, but plaster dust can be really nasty.  Not sure if it's the lye or what.  Breathing and eye protection are mandatory, and i would definitely go a step above one of those paper masks and do something better than safety glasses too.  

Plaster is one of the first demo jobs I ever did, I probably was 10.  My mom gave me a 5 pound hammer and a cold chisel and told me to have at it. I mostly just pulverized the plaster. I think my did must have gotten rid of the lath.