New tools and I can see endless
(06-17-2019, 01:10 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: possibilities for using this and know I can not find the funds before it goes out of production so maybe I can make one.

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/oneti...oodpeckers

Tommy Silva showed a very simple method for fitting stair treads, window stools, etc. using a piece of flooring felt, cardboard, etc.  Works just fine for me and costs pennies.  

John
(06-17-2019, 08:11 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Tommy Silva showed a very simple method for fitting stair treads, window stools, etc. using a piece of flooring felt, cardboard, etc.  Works just fine for me and costs pennies.  

John

Maybe similar to what I do with poster paper and green tape.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
I picked one up at a garage sale last month thrown in with another tool. I need to use it for one set of steps then I will part with it. Even the older ones were kind of expensive.
I have no need for it either. I make them with 1/4" ply, 2 carriage bolts with wing-nuts, and whatever is available for a stretcher. I usually make three to save trips up and down the stairs. I also don't need a track saw, my tread jigs are also my saw guide. I score with a razor to prevent chipping and with tape added to both sides of the shoe I cut about .020 oversize. Nice snug fit, but not enough to scar the freshly painted skirt boards.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
One of the things I said was that it could be used for many things not just stairs.

I was thinking if I make something like that maybe hardboard would work best??
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Wonder how long it would take me to lose the pieces.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
(06-17-2019, 04:31 PM)Admiral Wrote: No.  Unless you do the specific task for a living, then, maybe, just maybe.

Every time I get one of their notifications on a new tool I try to guess what the price will be. I think of what I think it's worth to me, multiply it by 3 and I'm usually still low! I like quality tools and am not a cheap skate but wow! I'm sure their tools are great quality but I can get by cheaper and still have quality. YMMV
I could bang out something similar on my CNC with plywood. Problem is I don’t need it.
VH07V  
I am just wondering what all uses I could be used for?  Something like double marking edges or angles or stops for measuring????
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
My first thought was...that's just a fancy stair gauge.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.