It was just time....
Our trusty wheel barrow turns 40 this year.  It has worked hard all those years.
[Image: 101wWgA.jpg]
Got it to build the house in Alaska.  Been building things ever since. 
Mixed yards and yards of concrete,  helped me lay a lot of blocks. 
Moved dirt, sand, gravel, compost, fire wood and can't remember what else.  
Has had more than a few bruises.  
Had some patches along the way.....so looking at it the other day, 
decided it was time. 
My first try at 3d camo.  I love camo.  
Had a nice dry cedar 2x4 stashed in the shed
for some new handles and supports.
[Image: vjfzyOR.jpg]

[Image: lDqL0Pj.jpg]

[Image: 0bawInn.jpg]

[Image: hPLLHoM.jpg]
 I think it is ready for the next 40 years.
he not busy being born,
Is busy dying.
--Bob Dylan
(06-18-2019, 04:06 PM)justdraftn Wrote:  I think it is ready for the next 40 years.

I think so too.  Nice looking bit of work there.  

My parents’ wheelbarrow, which was at their house when they bought it in 1961, is still going strong, and it lives outdoors and always has.  Didn’t get any TLC like yours, though. 
No
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
First pic.......your handles. Hard to believe they still look that good. I've got the same barrow I believe, and am on the second set of oak (mine are oak) handles, and about ready for another set.
Of course mine gets left out most of the time.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

My wheelbarrow turns 35 next year.  Bought when we bought our first house.  On our second set of handles, which are now about 15 years old.  My current handles are oak, too.  Gotta love a tool that's always there when you need it.
My father bought his in 1951, always kept inside, he passed in '93, it came to me. Built like a brick chithouse, heavy steel, oak handles, tire is still original. Used it last weekend, still going strong.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Funny I think the longest one has lasted me is about 15 years.  Most considerably less.  Concrete, bricks, pavers, cobblestone and loads of other heavy materials wear them out for me.  I think Cobblestone was the worst on them.  All made in the USA

Come to think of it I had to replace the bed on my pick up for the same reason
Laugh
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Mine is from the mid 1980's and lives outdoors. Per the comments by others, pretty close to being ready for 3rd set of oak handles. I would not have considered cedar...
I have put non-pneumatic tire/wheel on it, and not 100% satisfied...seems a little "sloppy" with a full load of mulch...
Nice paint job, btw
How you gonna be able to find the d-mn thing now that it's camoed???
Dumber than I appear
(06-19-2019, 10:27 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: How you gonna be able to find the d-mn thing now that it's camoed???

Put a satellite tractor-trailer tracker on it.
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Cool 

My wheelbarrow is pushing 35 years old.  Still original paint, wheel and handles.  I've kept it inside, except for the first couple years when I was building my house.

Tire has a slow leak, so I need to get a tube for it.  Keep putting it off.  Problem is, I have access to a Mahindra, with a FEL, so I find reasons not to use the wheelbarrow much these days.  
Big Grin
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?