Heads-Up: PEC Combination Squares (blem)
Nothing in this for me, no connection to the seller. PEC makes high quality measuring tools here in the US. Harry Epstein in KC buys their "blems", and here's a 4R 12" combination square that is more than accurate enough for woodworking; he's not had any for a while in 4R, and they tend to sell quickly. I see PEC squares used in many wood shops. So if you're in the market, or have been working with lousy out of square Empire or Johnson squares from HD/Lowes and want to upgrade, check these out - a true bargain @$24.

https://www.harryepstein.com/index.php/1...r-usa.html

Highly recommended seller in business for a long, long time.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Yep, that is an outstanding price on an excellent product.

Great stocking stuffers for family members that may be do-it-yourselfers.
Thanks, I ordered one big one and one smaller one.. They also have PEC squares with the protractor and center finder attachments if someone is looking for those.
A couple of years ago, I purchased a couple of blem metric blades to fit my Starrett combo
square and double square heads. Very satisfied. Quality is excellent.
I've seen their scales in machine shops. Pretty good stuff.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
I have a small PEC square I got from Epstein...top quality and Epstein is a reliable firm.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
And a fun shop space to browse around.

Rob
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(06-21-2019, 07:34 AM)Rob Young Wrote: And a fun shop space to browse around.

Rob

I would imagine it would be; I was in KC maybe 20 years ago on business but didn't have the time to seek out the store; they've been on my radar screen for a long time....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I don't think that I've ever ordered from Epstein but I do have several PEC squares. I can attest to there quality and the price that Epstein has is definitely worth it.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I got mine today.. the blemish was that the blades were scratched, but the scratch did not affect the measurement markings, so I am extremely pleased with them. Thanks for posting this