Mysterious Stanley No.25 low angle transitional plane
I found this Stanley 25 low angle transitional plane for a song on ebay. They are rather hard to find and I'll have to do a full restore on this mess. The blade is toast, so I ordered another one off ebay. I'll update when I get done with it.
Now where is that chisel
Almost reminds of the Liberty Bell No. 122....

Not much bigger than  No. 9-1/2 block plane...

Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(06-20-2019, 09:52 PM)Smashedfinger Wrote: I found this Stanley 25 low angle transitional plane for a song on ebay. They are rather hard to find and I'll have to do a full restore on this mess. The blade is toast, so I ordered another one off ebay. I'll update when I get done with it.

Why are you referring to this as "mysterious?"
Low angle?  Relative to what plane is it a low angle plane?

And what was the song?
(06-21-2019, 09:55 AM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: Low angle?  Relative to what plane is it a low angle plane?

And what was the song?

This is No.25 plane. Stanley called it a wood bottom block plane. The bed is lower than a No. 24 (smooth plane) which is 45 degrees, and the plane is longer to accommodate the more reclined iron. Unlike the No. 35 it has no rear handle. It has a slotted iron, but no real cap iron, just a small slip screwed on to engage the adjuster.
(06-21-2019, 09:55 AM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: Low angle?  Relative to what plane is it a low angle plane?

And what was the song?

I paid 25.00. I said "mysterious" because I've never seen one before.
Now where is that chisel
Bandit knows how much I love the Liberty Bells and what they mean to me anyway.

To me they mean freedom of our nation and should be prized along with other tools or reminders to.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.