Rustic Cherry Hope Chest
great job, actually made one myself from the same plans years ago, with some modifications particularly on the lid.  Incorporated cedar in the lid but ended up a lot heavier than i would have liked.  Been in the process of making another two, basically the same, but need to change the lid.  Like how yours turned out but not sure on the type hinges used other than the support ones on each end.  Are they just some type of cabinet hinge for added support?  Thanks

meanderawlwoodshop.blog
(07-08-2019, 12:13 PM)meanderawl Wrote:  not sure on the type hinges used other than the support ones on each end.  Are they just some type of cabinet hinge for added support?  Thanks

Yeah, they don't make the hinges used in the original design anymore - at least not that I could find. It took me a while to find some I felt would work. I ended up using these from Lee Valley...
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
(07-08-2019, 08:04 AM)MountainWood Wrote: Nicely done!  
For an old goat,  you do some beautiful work, Dave. 
Winkgrin

I bought enough of this cherry to do my wife's kitchen cabinets, and I haven't even started on them.  So you're way ahead of me.

Again..well done.

Old goat. 
Sarcasm

If you're anything like Just_Dave when it comes to finishing home projects, why don't you let me take that cherry off your hands? I'll even go get it... 
Winkgrin
Laugh

Thanks, Arnie!
Smile
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Thanks for the hinge info.  btw, the two chests that i'm kinda working on now are wedding presents for two of the kids.  Only problem is they both got married five years ago!  Oh, this younger generation, just don't seem to understand, good things take time.
(07-09-2019, 06:06 PM)meanderawl Wrote: Thanks for the hinge info.  btw, the two chests that i'm kinda working on now are wedding presents for two of the kids.  Only problem is they both got married five years ago!  Oh, this younger generation, just don't seem to understand, good things take time.

I have a friend who has taken several years to get his daughters' hope chest to it's current unfinished state....
Winkgrin

Good luck! I hope you'll post some pics when they're finished...

Dave