Closed End Pens
I am thinking about attempting some closed end pens.  The kits I want to use, the mandrels are $20.00 each for the two sizes I need.    I found this technique

http://content.penturners.org/library/te...andrel.pdf

which uses a regular pen mandrel.  It is an interesting concept that I may have to try out.
I am confused about how he cuts the threads. He never mentions any tap or die. It he depending on the drill bit to cut threads?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(06-21-2019, 09:56 AM)AHill Wrote: I am confused about how he cuts the threads.  He never mentions any tap or die.  It he depending on the drill bit to cut threads?

No, the mandrel does that.  Sort of like drilling a hole in wood and just screwing a bolt in without cutting threads first. It's basically a really deep counterbore. Drill a hole the same diameter as the mandrel, say 1/2" deeper than the length of the tube. Drill a hole for the tube the depth of the tube, then glue the tube in