Shop ReOrg - Sharpening Station
I’ve spent the last 8-9 months reorganizing my shop to get more space and be more efficient.  One of the benefits of making more space was finally having an area for a sharpening station.  Today I finished a small cabinet to house the discs for my Work Sharp and set up the work space.  The cabinet may not be fine furniture but it sure is an improvement over the cardboard box I was using.  Here’s a few pics:

And the sharpening station:

My wife is going to make me a couple of covers for the strop and the stones.  I'm anxious to try out the new diamond stones and I'm confident this will make sharpening easier and not the PITA it has been.  As always, comments are welcome.

Lonnie
Very nice. All my Worksharp stuff sits in a cardboard box not unlike that which you moved to your much nicer cabinet. Is that the actual plane platform for the Worksharp, or something of your own making? The factory plane attachment is something I want, but has proven surprisingly hard to locate.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
Nice work! Motivates me to build or find something like it for my Worksharp station, as I'm still working out of the cardboard box. Thanks for sharing!

Doug
Someday I may have something like that. I do love sharp tools, but it's kind of unorganized around here yet.

I did design and build another belt sander/sharpener/grinder for doing smaller stuff. I'm finishing up the controls now and touch ups. I wanted a portable and smaller one for smaller work. I plan on getting 2x36" belts down to 1,000 grit.

[Image: wFkVUnk.jpg]
[Image: 0NK1yTE.jpg]
(06-21-2019, 10:44 PM)JohnnyEgo Wrote: Very nice.  All my Worksharp stuff sits in a cardboard box not unlike that which you moved to your much nicer cabinet.  Is that the actual plane platform for the Worksharp, or something of your own making?  The factory plane attachment is something I want, but has proven surprisingly hard to locate.

Thanks Johnny!  I bought the WS from a long ago member, Mike Marconi, probably 10+ years ago and he graciously sent the plane platform, guides and much more. I use the Lee Valley jig and it's set up gauge so I never use the WS alignment gauge or honing guide.  Doesn't WS have them?
Very nice!  Need to get my own space organized to optimize the whole shop.

I have also been considering a WS to replace my Jet slow-speed wet grinder.  I'm not familiar with the "plane platform" that you and JohnnyEgo are discussing.  Is it possible to get a close-up pic?
(06-21-2019, 11:24 PM)daddo Wrote: Someday I may have something like that. I do love sharp tools, but it's kind of unorganized around here yet.

I did design and build another belt sander/sharpener/grinder for doing smaller stuff. I'm finishing up the controls now and touch ups. I wanted a portable and smaller one for smaller work. I plan on getting 2x36" belts down to 1,000 grit.

Nice work!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hard to beat a good belt grinder...especially one you made yourself !!..And the 2"X36" is a nice size....bigger is not always better !!!!!
Winkgrin
Cool
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Nice job! ................
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(06-22-2019, 06:30 AM)WxMan Wrote: Very nice!  Need to get my own space organized to optimize the whole shop.

I have also been considering a WS to replace my Jet slow-speed wet grinder.  I'm not familiar with the "plane platform" that you and JohnnyEgo are discussing.  Is it possible to get a close-up pic?
WxMan,
The platform adjacent to the grinding wheel is the plane platform.  I don't know why they weren't part of the standard WS.  And now they aren't available.  WS said there wasn't enough demand to keep making them.  There is an alternative - Stumpy Nubs has plans (http://www.stumpynubs.com/worksharp-3000.html) to make a small storage cabinet for your discs that includes a platform.  Here's a couple of pics of the WS platform:

(06-21-2019, 11:24 PM)daddo Wrote: Someday I may have something like that. I do love sharp tools, but it's kind of unorganized around here yet.

Daddo,
That's a perfect size and nicely done!