Classic Woodworking with Fine Woodworking
Anybody have any news if this show with Tom McLaughlin is still alive? The last episodes were a year ago. (I know about the law suit and name change, just can't find out if any filming has gone on or will go on.) Appreciate any information any of you have.
(06-22-2019, 05:49 PM)Mark A Smith Wrote: Anybody have any news if this show with Tom McLaughlin is still alive? The last episodes were a year ago. (I know about the law suit and name change, just can't find out if any filming has gone on or will go on.) Appreciate any information any of you have.

I heard a rumor that there's filming in the works but nothing concrete.
They just started running the first season episodes again here.  At least I think they're the first season.  The projects are the same; the show's name has changed.
(06-22-2019, 05:49 PM)Mark A Smith Wrote: Anybody have any news if this show with Tom McLaughlin is still alive? The last episodes were a year ago. (I know about the law suit and name change, just can't find out if any filming has gone on or will go on.) Appreciate any information any of you have.
I'm looking forward to new episodes too - it's a very good show.

I emailed Fine Woodworking earlier this year and they said the show was on hold pending the outcome of the law suit.  Now that the suit is settled and FWW has changed the name of the show, I hope they restart production ASAP.

Mike
I’ve also been snooping around the PBS app on Roku looking for it to show back up.

It would be nice if they hosted the old New Yankee workshop episodes on the app as well
(06-23-2019, 06:36 AM)JDuke Wrote: I’ve also been snooping around the PBS app on Roku looking for it to show back up.

It would be nice if they hosted the old New Yankee workshop episodes on the app as well

THIS OLD HOUSE website has been adding additional episodes of The New Yankee Workshop each month.  At this point they have about 3/4 of them available to view for free, on-demand.  If you want the measured drah-ring it's $15.

https://www.thisoldhouse.com/new-yankee-workshop
Yeah, I like the new show too. Tom McLaughlin seems very comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera. I hope they do a season 2 soon.

(06-22-2019, 06:37 PM)DaveR1 Wrote: I heard a rumor that there's filming in the works but nothing concrete.

Thanks a lot Dave, and all who responded. I wait in hope.
I’ve been invited to a Fine Woodworking drinks and snacks reception at the AWFS show next month. 
I will report back.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Thumbs Up 
(06-26-2019, 05:58 PM)handi Wrote: I’ve been invited to a Fine Woodworking drinks and snacks reception at the AWFS show next month. 
I will report back.

Great. Thanks.