General Tools #810 sharpening jig instructions?
I picked up a General Tools #810 Plane blade and chisel sharpening jig at an auction.  So far, I'm not finding any instructions on the correct way to use this.  If anyone has the instructions sitting around and could give me a brief summary on using this, that would be much appreciated.
I've got one of those. The big questions for me were how to set the angle and whether or not to run it with the rear adjuster on the stone or on the table. Today, I would set the angle with a Wixey and try the table 1st just because of the overall length.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Use the roller on the table; set the sharpening angle on a grinder, the jig is for honing, so just adjust to the grind angle and sharpen away. One or two degrees either way is not all that critical.... Now I'll wait for the sharpening gurus to thrash me with a cat of nine tails...... :-)
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
You can try this...
(06-23-2019, 06:13 PM)Bryan11 Wrote: I picked up a General Tools #810 Plane blade and chisel sharpening jig at an auction.  So far, I'm not finding any instructions on the correct way to use this.  If anyone has the instructions sitting around and could give me a brief summary on using this, that would be much appreciated.

Here's one way to use it........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsS4Z3AvusI
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

You will notice how long it takes woodman to get the blade into a usable position.

The blade clamping device drives you nuts and the training wheels are not helpful for camber.

I do not rate this jig.

best wishes,
David Charlesworth