Teflon Spray
A few weeks ago Teflon Spray was suggested to be the "best thread lubricant" on the raising and lowering the TS blade.  I knew that info would be handy so I made a note.  Well, horse feathers!!!!!!!!  There must be 7 or 8 kinds on Amazon alone.  I searched WN with no luck.

Is one type of Teflon spray better than another?
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I use a dry non-stick spray.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

Are you supposed to lubricate that screw?  Now you tell me.  I've had the saw for 22 years.  Where were you 21 years ago?
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I always use powdered graphite. A spray might give better coverage in the hard to get at spots. Raising and lowering on mine has never been a problem. Angling the blade on the other hand takes more strength, which would be normal for my luck. That handle being under the 52" table extension is harder to get at. Every year older it gets a little harder to get on my knees to reach it. Might pull the handle and replace with a socket. Could do that while sitting down. I have a stool the right height so I can sit cutting the many pieces required for a segmented bowl. Bad back and sciatica getting worse as I age.On the lubricating subject, one of my sleds was getting a little sticky. Has an adjustable mitre slot insert. Before adjusting that I put a little paste wax on the top and in the slots.Wiped off and tried again. Amazing how something that simple made such a difference no need to adjust the insert If someone has a spray that works good and doesn't attract dust I would like that info too.
Last year, Ellen Kaspern did a video on Fine Woodworking, and she recommended -

Chain lube for gear parts, dry graphite for trunnion brackets, and 3 in 1 oil for steel posts.

I only started to try her lubrication method last summer (I use telfon spray/white lithium in place of chain lube), but the saw is smooth in handling with one application so far.

Simon
I tried both of these below and I really like the second one best.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DuPont-Teflon-N...Swbzxc1LMV

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Blaster-Clear-S...SwvR5aMJL3
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I ordered the DuPont dry spray.  I've used several different oils and silicones with poor results so I am ready to try something else.

Thank you for your input.  Will let you know in a few months (I hope) just how great it is.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(06-26-2019, 06:37 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: I ordered the DuPont dry spray.  I've used several different oils and silicones with poor results so I am ready to try something else.

Thank you for your input.  Will let you know in a few months (I hope) just how great it is.

I did not like the DuPont either and that is why I switched and it is way better.  It is so good to me I use it on my router posts and it lasts along time and it never keeps dust on it either.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
looks like the spray that Arlin like drys so it doesn't attract dust.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

(06-25-2019, 01:55 PM)Cooler Wrote: Are you supposed to lubricate that screw?  Now you tell me.  I've had the saw for 22 years.  Where were you 21 years ago?

I'm laughing because I recently had an obstruction that caused my saw's cabinet to fill up to the brim, took a while to clean out.  I blew off the gears with an airhose and went back to work, it tilts, raises and lowers like new.  I've had that saw 19 years and never lubricated it once.
"Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped." Andy Weir (in his book The Martian)