Under cab. Fluorescent replacement?
Our upper cabinets in the kitchen, have under cabinet fluorescent lights controlled by 1 switch.
Is there an easy way to replacement them with led lights, without having to replace all the wiring?
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
I just recently replaced my under cabinet florescent lights with LEDs. Amazon has a good selection that can be direct wired. So, you just disconnect the old and re-connect the new. Most have built in switches, but you can just leave that switch in the on position and let the main wall switch control them. Very easy
I used GE brand LEDs I found at Home Depot.  Although they have a power switch in each, we had the electrician hard wire them.  They also have a 3-color temperature switch on them so you can adjust them to your liking.
Yup. Very easy to do. Don't overthink it, like LOML did.

She hemmed and hawed and could NOT make up her mind. Her friend came over
after getting HER led lights for HER cabinets.  LOML took one look and was happy
with them.

I walked into my office here, googled the make and model and ordered what we
needed while LOMLs' friend was still here!

They got here a few days later, I installed them a few days after that, and BOOM,
she is happy.  

Big Grin
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Many of the lights on Amazon aren't UL listed... any concerns putting something like that in? I have some florescent fixtures I'd like to replace with LED.
(06-27-2019, 10:46 PM)appletonrc Wrote: Many of the lights on Amazon aren't UL listed... any concerns putting something like that in? I have some florescent fixtures I'd like to replace with LED.

Good point. I admit, I did not think to check on that when I ordered mine. However, the point is that it is easy to do and there are many to select from that can be hard wired. Without checking, I would bet that many are also UL approved.
Yes. I think having them UL approved is good. In addition, make sure they are properly grounded.