Picked today...
at a garage sale....spent 50 cents..
Winkgrin 

The Stanley completes a set....6"  No. 3 phillips
Cool 

However, the other item is for starting a screw....
Confused 

An Irwin #900?   Might come in handy?  
Rolleyes 

May have to go out tomorrow, and check the other sales going on...
Rolleyes
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Day 2......$3?

Square has the SW markings...

Chisel seems to be a 3/4" Framer...
Confused

been beat up a bit?
Rolleyes  

back is flat...
Not too bad of a morning?   Square is an 8" all metal....

Attached Files Image(s)

Those should clean up and come in handy. Great price.

I have to force myself to ignore the yard and estate sales. I have no self control when I see a deal. I have only been to one this year and my wife wanted to stop by it. I almost picked up an antique veneer dresser that needed some TLC. But, I need to focus on new projects, not restoration work. I talked myself out of that one.

Not so with the tools. I picked up 2 tools for $2, total. But they needed work. First was a black Arkansas stone that is clogged and needs cleaning. The second was a Stanley #4, type 8, that needed derusting and tote repair. It’s currently spread over my shop, waiting for reassembling. I already have 4 of the same plane and will need to get rid of one. I filled my shop with yard sale finds and have reached the saturation point.
John
(06-29-2019, 08:29 AM)jstraw Wrote: Those should clean up and come in handy.   Great price.

I have to force myself to ignore the yard and estate sales.  I have no self control when I see a deal. 

I picked up an older Delta dust collector, just because.... I'm thinking of getting a wide belt sander and it will come in handy for that;  also, a NOS Delta tenoning jig, with a $99 price tag on it, that I'd gladly sell for $50 but shipping would kill the deal...  I guess I could use another....  
Laugh
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Been one of those weekends...$8...
Rolleyes 

1-1/2", 1-1/4'', 1-1/4" and a skinny 5/8"
Cool

Might be worth cleaning these up?
Winkgrin
Ok..the widest chisel has been cleaned up, and sharpened....the "before" edge would have had trouble cutting warm butter.....all 4 metal caps have been well beatened, by a hammer with a dimpled face....carpenters....

That 5/8" wide one?    will need a lot of work....as someone had ground a second bevel.....into the flat back....making a wedge out of it....will ground & dunk to get back past the double bevel....

Same with the one medium width one.....someone used it to open paint cans....and chipped out a chunk in the middle of the blade's edge...

While out and about, also picked a B&D 20v Li drill...2 speed, 10 clutch settings....$2...already have a couple chargers, and a few spare batteries..now have a spare drill, too.    That way, when one drill is down, I just grab the other, and continue on....works for me...
(06-29-2019, 02:34 PM)Admiral Wrote: I picked up an older Delta dust collector, just because.... I'm thinking of getting a wide belt sander and it will come in handy for that;  also, a NOS Delta tenoning jig, with a $99 price tag on it, that I'd gladly sell for $50 but shipping would kill the deal...  I guess I could use another....  
Laugh

I have some heavy duty vises but shipping vises and anvils is a PITA so they'll likely end up in a yard sale or hopefully a tool meet...
Crazy
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(06-30-2019, 09:38 AM)bandit571 Wrote: Ok..the widest chisel has been cleaned up, and sharpened....the "before" edge would have had trouble cutting warm butter.....all 4 metal caps have been well beatened, by a hammer with a dimpled face....carpenters....

That 5/8" wide one?    will need a lot of work....as someone had ground a second bevel.....into the flat back....making a wedge out of it....will ground & dunk to get back past the double bevel....

Same with the one medium width one.....someone used it to open paint cans....and chipped out a chunk in the middle of the blade's edge...

While out and about, also picked a B&D 20v Li drill...2 speed, 10 clutch settings....$2...already have a couple chargers, and a few spare batteries..now have a spare drill, too.    That way, when one drill is down, I just grab the other, and continue on....works for me...
Too many folks sell those Stanley #60 short...With the original temper, they were danged good chisels.If they don't hold a good edge, they were probably "blued" py a previous "woodworker" on a grinder
Rolleyes .But they can be re-hardened if done carefully...clamp a pair of Vise-Grips high up on the shank to act as a heat sink and keep the high heat away from the handle. Heat quickly and quench...
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset