How would you oscillate this?
Connect at big flex duct to it and move the duct around to the area your working at.

Make a swiveling stand for it and direct it.

Get three more of them and create a tornado effect.
(06-28-2019, 09:41 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Cripes you are not thinking right grasshopper.

Have your wife hold it and tell here to move around for your best comfort.
Smirk
Smirk
Laugh

Yeah, you want me dead, right?

(06-28-2019, 11:43 AM)Roly Wrote: Make sure all sharp corners are removed.   We all know where it would wind up  
Big eek     Roly

Exactly

(06-28-2019, 12:24 PM)daddo Wrote: Connect at big flex duct to it and move the duct around to the area your working at.

Make a swiveling stand for it and direct it.

Get three more of them and create a tornado effect.

Yeah, I have an idea for a swiveling base, and will probably go with it, but was just wondering about a possible oscillating path.
Semper fi,
Brad

Wink 
(06-27-2019, 03:07 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: I have a 220V squirrel cage that came from an air conditioning unit that I want to use in my shop with summer coming.  It moves some serious air.   I can mount it on a platform that allows me to manually position it but I'm interested in fabbing some sort of mount that will allow it to oscillate through 140* or so.

Any thoughts?

1. Secure the unit to a heavy duty lazy Susan
2. Get some 6-8 mil visqueen, about 6’x8’
3. Duct tape the set of 6’ edges together, forming a tube about 2.5’ in diameter
4. Place one end of the tube over the fan exhaust and secure with duct tape.
5. Build a  77”x14” frame (edit: inside dimension) from 2”x2”  and place on the floor.
6. Place the unit about 5’ from the frame along the perpendicular bisector of the frame’s length
7. Duct tape the bottom edge of the free end of the tube onto a Roomba.
8. Place the Roomba in the frame and turn it and the fan on.

The Roomba will travel back and forth within the frame, pulling the end of the tube with it.
Air pressure should force the fan unit to rotate on the lazy Susan, keeping the tube from kinking.

It would work better if you were to make the frame curved with a 5’ radius, but there is only so much a person will do to try to save the $20.15 for the fan in cams2705’s post....
I'm not trying to save money.

Just enjoying a challenge.

I have one of those fans already.
Wink
Semper fi,
Brad

(06-28-2019, 11:43 AM)Roly Wrote: Make sure all sharp corners are removed.   We all know where it would wind up  
Big eek     Roly

Ouch
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Why not just rig up a stand for it and set it up as a giant exhaust fan blowing out through a open window screen? Open another window/door for makeup air. It could help push hot air, dust or fumes out of the shop...
MKM - Master Kindling Maker
What if you mounted the blower itself solidly in one position, but added baffles in front to redirect the flow?
Ok, you didn’t like my Roomba solution.... How about this?

1. Secure the fan to a stationary base.
2. Out of visqueen, coil stock, or other suitable material, make a semicircle about 4’ in diameter (I’m just guessing here as I don’t know the specs of your fan).
3.  At the midpoint of the diameter cut out a semicircle about an inch in diameter.
4. Join the two outside radii of the semicircle to form a cone/funnel.
5. Secure the wider opening to exhaust of the fan.
6. Attach the smaller opening to a section of garden hose with a male garden hose connector
7. Connect the hose to an oscillating sprinkler.
8. Secure the sprinkler to a vertical 2x4.
9. Set the oscillating range to your personal preference.
10.  Turn on the fan.

You may have to fiddle with the outlets, maybe drill some out or fill some in, but it should function with the fluid air in the same manner as the fluid water.

Attached Files Image(s)

srv,

I love you, man.
Semper fi,
Brad