Need help from those who can edit and
word things to get donations.  Per Vince he told me I should start a new GoFundMe for the article he is going to write about me and the vets and hopefully how you guys helped us.  It is to go into the Woodsmith magazine for veterans day.

Please go the link and pm me any changes.

Thanks a ton everyone

https://www.gofundme.com/f/vets-needing-...ng-a-hobby
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I've been away from this website for several months, and just found this message today. You really have ambitious plans. I am completely new to "Gofundme". How does that work? It seems like they get a percentage of the donations, which I don't understand the need for a middle man getting a piece of the action.

On the link you provided above, it shows a percentage selection. What's that? Percentage of what? Is there a paypal option?

and, just out of curiosity... which one of the 3 guys in the photo, is you?
He’s the handsome one
VH07V  
(08-07-2019, 07:45 PM)MidwestMan Wrote: Is there a paypal option?

What he said.

I went to the link and read the post. I think it sounds better in your own words. I can tell that those are your own words. I have no experience with editing , gofundme, or any kind of fund drive. I just like to hear someones story and not a sales pitch.

All the best!
How much is the cost to become a "Non Profit" org ?
(08-07-2019, 07:45 PM)MidwestMan Wrote: I've been away from this website for several months, and just found this message today. You really have ambitious plans. I am completely new to "Gofundme". How does that work? It seems like they get a percentage of the donations, which I don't understand the need for a middle man getting a piece of the action.
According to the GoFundMe info, there is a small processing fee (02.9% + $0.30) to cover the use of a credit card, else all of the donation goes to the registered fund drive.  

On the link you provided above, it shows a percentage selection. What's that? Percentage of what?

That is how GoFundMe makes money.  That is for a goodwill donation.  You can donate to GFM, or not and enter a zero, it will not affect your donation to the the registered fund drive.  If you choose to donate to GFM.com,  it is in addition to your donation to the registered fund drive. I do not see a paypal option

and, just out of curiosity... which one of the 3 guys in the photo, is you?
(08-08-2019, 07:55 AM)MidwestMan Wrote: How much is the cost to become a "Non Profit" org ?

Arlin is in Iowa, so the Iowa articles of incorporation fee of $20 plus the federal 501c3 ez fee of $275, plus postage and stuff, so $300 maybe?

But if he needs help writing the articles of incorporation, you’re looking at lawyer costs.
(06-27-2019, 06:47 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: word things to get donations.  Per Vince he told me I should start a new GoFundMe for the article he is going to write about me and the vets and hopefully how you guys helped us.  It is to go into the Woodsmith magazine for veterans day.
Arlin,

The October issue is up online on the Woodnet site, for those who have subscriptions. I haven’t seen my hard-copy yet.
Hank Gillette
Hank Gillette
I got my Woodsmith magazine today. That's a good story they did. You should somehow get that into your Gofundme and any other place you can. It proves legitimacy. With so many scams out there you have to prove you are who you say you are. That story does that  very well.

Good luck, Arlin! That's a great thing you're doing.