A new Desk for me
Only got 3 hours of shop time, today.....along with a trip to the Blue Borg for a bit of lumber.    Spent almost as much time waiting to check out, as I did sorting through the bad boards, to find the "pick of the litter"

three 1 x 2 x 6', and that 1 x 4 x 4'....Reset the Stanley 45....with a wider cutter...had to move the skate a bit, and the fence..might have forgot the depth stop, though....
Rolleyes 

Was a late start, anyway, didn't want to take all day doing two of these rebates
No 

Both side #1 and Side #2 need a rebate at the back, to house a plywood  back...tested for depth..

I think that will do..
Rolleyes  got both sides done ( these ain't light weights , either) getting things clamped to the bench...

Finally was able to stash them out of the way, for now....clamped together to keep track of them..
Winkgrin 

needed to get busy and build 5 webframes.   Location of the frames...
Confused   

One end buts up against the plywood back...the other end? 

Will have an Ash face piece....dovetailed into the front stiles of the sides...Will need to mills a few kickers, and size the face pieces to match...
I also found a 1 x 6 cut-off of Ash.in the scrap Pine pile....trimmed the bad ends up...

And I only need 3 more to make 4 drawers...
Cool
Next exciting episode?   Mill and assemble the webframes.
stay tuned
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Looks good. I like the stuff you do Bandit, it's got character..
Yes
Alan
Geometry was the most critical/useful mathematics class I had, and it didn't even teach me mathematics.
It's looking great and coming along so quickly.  I have to say that I am a bit jealous of your speed.  I have a tendency to suffer from analysis paralysis.
Webframes....a collection of 1 x 2 Pine boards, arranged into a frame, for a drawer to slide into a case.   May have the terms "Stiles" and "Rails" backwards....but...

Lumber was picked out...both from scraps in the shop ( milled to size) and store bought 1 x 2s.

And..

Still need 9 more of the longer stiles cross cut.    Then laid all of these onto a face, ran them all through at 1-1/2 wide...

So there are all the same sizes.   Reset, to mill a lot of 1/4" wide by 1/2" deep grooves on 10 of the longer stiles ( other 4 do not need one)as it would be an "issue" to use the Stanley 45 on such narrow boards.   Between holding each stile and working around the fence...and the depth...was easier with the saw..
Rolleyes 

And reset again, as 10 rails need tenons to match the grooves
Cool

Since each stile is attached to a side with a pair of screws...was easier to drill pilot holes, before assembly of the frames.  A counter sink was made ( to allow a driver's bit holder a little elbow room)...
Rolleyes 

Then an electric drill for the pilot holes ( was already set up, from the last job)
Winkgrin

Then some glue, two 5/8" long nails at each joint, and a square to check with..
Cool

One frame done...

Then build another four frames...and stash them while the glue cures...
Winkgrin

And that was the second half of yesterday's 3 hour "shift".   need to go back, add a few kickers as needed, and try for a little assembly of the case?

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Kickers have been milled..

4 of the 5 webframes get one...webframes were installed, first one side...
Winkgrin  

Then, slide the other side under the first, and rotate...adding a bead of glue to each..

Attached with a few screws...was getting a might crowded in there...
Rolleyes

A few clamps to help out...while the glue dried, and I scrounge for enough plywood for a back...
Rolleyes  

When the back was glued and screwed in place on one edge, I could pull the case into square, and add more screws, to keep it there...milled parts for the drawer dividers
Rolleyes

Plan WAS to use through dovetails to install these...while working on the top divder..found it 1/16" too short, on both ends
Upset  So, the rest were just butt joints, glued to the front edge of each webframe...lots of clamps..
Rolleyes  

And a few pipe clamps were added later. 

Have milled the parts for the knee well webframes...mainly out of Ash...letting things cure, before I do too much more...got all day tomorrow..
Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Frame parts I milled up, that evening...
Cool

Put in a few hours Sunday...and built the frames...
Have errands to run, will post the full story when I get back....
Cool
Ok...late start...

An ugly board.   Needed a 3/4 x 2" x 28" chunk out of this...twice...one for a back..

And the rest for drawer fronts...

Both needed ripped for width...first at 2-1/4", then the freshly ripped edge against the fence, and ripped to 2" width. 

Then ripped again for thickness..
Cool

To get to 3/4" thick...some of the rails..

Needed the same treatment....
"Stiles for the frames...this time around, they get a groove..
Winkgrin

1 in Pine, 3 in Ash...best 2 of the Ash ones will be the fronts of the frames...didn't want a Tongue & Groove joint to show.
Cool
There will be a 1 x 4 pine, in the middle, to add runners for the two drawers...with a divider....and a tongue on both ends..

problem?  Well, there is a block out front....
Rolleyes

I notched the block a bit....then set the second stile on top.   Then figure out how much of the top of the block to trim off, to get a 2" spacing for the stiles..
Stay tuned, part 2 coming right up
Winkgrin

That sits in a dado...block needs to also rest on the runners...so...
Rolleyes
Last three pictures got posted out of order? 

trimmed that block for length..but wanted a square end....back of the frame assembly also needed trimmed down....bench still had the drawer case sitting on it, tablesaw was full of parts....which left..
Winkgrin

The Langdon #75....And, is almost as fast a cut as the tablesaw to do.   About time for a little assembly?

Glue and 2 nails per joint....block is just glued, divider behind it is glued and screwed in place.  Had to make sure it was centered, and straight...back was just glued on...

And, let this sit awhile, til the glue dried....came back later, and added the top frame...

That little c clamp?   Someone forgot a couple nails
Rolleyes  so a couple clamps to hold until the glue cure..Block also got an extra clamp..

because it is just glued in place.  Decided to remove all the clamps off the case, sand all the sides, level the feet so it no longer rocks...set it aside, and did the same to the "leg" unit...

About the only "spare" room I have, right now....need to clear off the bench top...

As I need that to do a glue up of the desk's top...
Stay tuned...
Really looking forward to seeing another build again.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(07-08-2019, 08:23 AM)bandit571 Wrote: Stay tuned...

Yep, looking forward to it!