Mounting cash drawer under solid quartz countertop
(06-30-2019, 12:56 PM)Bob10 Wrote: Epoxy is what they use as for using strips I would go with a piece of ply to spread the load

We just had quartz countertops put in our kitchen. The installers epoxied a metal strip above the dishwasher to fasten it to the countertop. They taped it in place while curing. I might put in a couple pieces of angle.

I'd use a decent epoxy, not the 5 minute stuff. IMHO, it's not much better than hot glue from a glue gun.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

You are going to hang the cash register from the quartz top?

Why not put in a shelf below the top and let it rest on the shelf?

Can you show a photo of the proposed installation area?

I think hanging it from the quartz top is an invitation for future problems.

Also is the register going to be at an ergonomic height?

Will the customers object to being in the blind while the totals are being added up?  I know I like to see the screen as items are entered.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I was going to say they have metal mounting strips for dishwashers.  You want to distribute the load somehow.  Seems like the most common mounting strip is only one fasteners worth, so a cash drawer probably needs at least 4 if not more.  Our installers had a strip the width of the dishwasher.  They didn't use it, I guess the dishwasher is too close to the counter.

The standard way of mounting things on stone has always been inserts, but counter tops might not be thick enough, and it's a bit fraught with danger when you can just epoxy something on the surface.
The thing with a dishwasher is that it is pretty much stationary
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I wouldn't say it's stationary, but pretty much all the weight is supported from the bottom.  Having said that, I believe these mounts have the strength necessary to hold up most cash drawers, given proper prep of the substrate
Some of the cash draws that I installed were pretty heavy empty The ones we installed weighed about 35 LBs
You could always use a diamond drill bit and epoxy anchors in the holes and just screw it to the counter top. Once you get your holes drilled, stick the bit back in and hog out the insides so the interior of the hole is a little wider than the opening. That will insure the anchor stays in even if the epoxy fails. Many sinks are installed this way.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(07-03-2019, 11:35 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: You could always use a diamond drill bit and epoxy anchors in the holes and just screw it to the counter top. Once you get your holes drilled, stick the bit back in and hog out the insides so the interior of the hole is a little wider than the opening. That will insure the anchor stays in even if the epoxy fails. Many sinks are installed this way.

I don't understand why he would not simply add a shelf and rest the drawer on the shelf.  It would certainly be easier, and with standards and brackets it would be adjustable.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(07-03-2019, 02:33 PM)Cooler Wrote: I don't understand why he would not simply add a shelf and rest the drawer on the shelf.  It would certainly be easier, and with standards and brackets it would be adjustable.

Thanks for all the advice.  I also give advice which is sometimes not taken.  I thought the idea of bringing the drawer up to the counter was better than hanging it, but it was rejected.  He'll learn, and maybe I'll learn as well.  He's very hard working and really wants to have it a certain way.  So, we'll see if it this will work.  The silicone adhesive won't do as it needs to be installed in a short window of time.  So, a 20-30 minute epoxy and ply should work.  Drawer is not heavy.  

Again, many thanks for the contributions of the community.
sleepy hollow

One more option I'm going to toss out there, I know this will seem crazy as heck.

But the double-sided industrial-strength adhesive tapes (acrylic based) are insanely strong.

I recently had a retail project where they wanted small CPUs (computers) hidden behind touch-screen monitors.  The monitors and CPUs they picked weren't intended to be paired.  I attached them with the adhesive tape, clamped for a while.  Taking them apart required absolute destruction.

I think the epoxy would be okay it just won't handle constant shock of a cash door closing, IMHO.

Me <== Did retail for nearly thirty years, four locations, would never mount a cash draw using a hard-setting adhesive.