How do I warn other members of a scammer without Administrator intervention
(07-03-2019, 08:20 AM)FrankAtl Wrote: A little off topic but just to validate your statement. I've been a victim of identity theft three times in the last two years. Each time you have to file a police report before the identity theft restoration company can do anything. It's all a big pain but what burns me is that the police won't even investigate unless you were defrauded of $500,000.00 or more! I would imagine mail fraud is somewhat similar.

Yes I definitely need to do at least report it.  I have spent over $275.00 of my time in anguish and 50+ emails.  My energy is about spent on this one.
Eric
In case anyone missed my other post to Mike responding to his original drill press ad here is my post.  I am about done with this topic...it a dead horse beaten even more.  Thanks for everyone's suggestions and support, I appreciate it so much.  Eric

Mike,

I haven't heard from you since our last email on June 14.  I hope you are not having any health issues, if so, I hope you are doing better.  I am replying to you on this forum because I want other members to know that I have never received the drill press that I sent you a postal money order for back in early February of this year.  I don't think I would be doing anyone a disservice letting them know that purchasing from you can be risky, as it  was for me.  I'm not here to post anger or frustration, this is just a public service announcement to others.  If you were in a tight situation and needed the $275 I am more than happy to help another human being out by donating the money to you.  It is apparent you are having some kind of issues.  You know we here in Mississippi are some of the most charitable in the country!

So it has been close to 6 months since I sent the postal money order which you acknowledged receiving on February 7 2019.  I had no problem delaying the shipment while you dug out of on one of the worst Wisconsin winters in a very long time.  Two different sets of tracking numbers and you still have not shipped the item.  With over 50 emails over these last 6 months, some may have been in anger and frustration, but I was always cordial in our communications.  So with that, I am wishing you good luck and God speed my friend.  If you have any issues, I hope you resolve them quickly so you can be on your way.  

I would hope the Moderator of this forum won't lock this post, as it is not meant to stir up any animosity with you, but to just remind others to be vigilant in their dealings.  I thoughtfully request that you please don't take advantage of any fellow members on this forum as you have done in the past.
Eric
(07-03-2019, 07:41 AM)Eric Commarato Wrote: Doug,

The intent of this post was originally not to go after the guy, but to warn others of his dealings.  I didn't want this post to turn into a circus and have the Moderator lock the post.  I do plan to fill out the USPS electronic form for mail fraud.  I am planning to do this off the forum by email with this seller.  This forum isn't a place for blame or bickering, it is a forum where we sell and buy.  Again, I just wanted to let others know to steer clear of him...am I mad, angry?  HELL YES!

I consider myself to be a fairly perceptive person. I in no way, ever thought the thread was meant to be a "circus." Also, there is absolutely no way any moderator worth his salt, would lock this thread. As well as a place to buy and sell things, this part of the forum is just like all other sectors, it is a place to inform, i.e. "knowledge is power." Sometime laying blame is a good thing; it can cause change. "Bickering" is just a part of everyday life and is another way to register displeasure/disappointment with untoward behavior.

I agree with Hank that the Feds will probably not sick the FBI on him. However, registering a complaint with the USPS may lead to his life being a little more uncomfortable and maybe even enough that he could be motivated to send the equipment to you; or maybe not. In any event, you have NOTHING to lose by doing it.

Doug

P.S. I would also register a complaint with the BBB where he lives.
(07-02-2019, 09:51 AM)RKMBrown© Wrote: Yeah 6months can fly by when busy. Is possible he's just having time and trouble packing that beast up and getting it to the shipper.

Come on!
Wood is good. 
(07-03-2019, 11:31 AM)Tapper Wrote: I consider myself to be a fairly perceptive person. I in no way, ever thought the thread was meant to be a "circus." Also, there is absolutely no way any moderator worth his salt, would lock this thread. As well as a place to buy and sell things, this part of the forum is just like all other sectors, it is a place to inform, i.e. "knowledge is power." Sometime laying blame is a good thing; it can cause change. "Bickering" is just a part of everyday life and is another way to register displeasure/disappointment in untoward behavior.

I agree with Hank that the Feds will probably not sick the FBI on him. However, registering a complaint with the USPS may lead to his life being a little more uncomfortable and maybe even enough that he could be motivated to send the equipment to you; or maybe not. In any event, you have NOTHING to lose by doing it.

Doug

P.S. I would also register a complaint with the BBB where he lives.

Well said Doug, I appreciate the support!  At this point filing a complaint the only leverage I have on getting to him ship or refund.
Eric
(07-03-2019, 11:55 AM)ez-duzit Wrote: Come on!

Yep I have been getting the shipping run-around from him for the past 6 months.  Usually someone selling on a forum or Ebay etc. usually has the item boxed up and ready to just slap on a shipping label...before it is sold.  I know that is what I usually practice on the few items I've sold.
Eric
Eric will be receiving his drill press by next Wednesday. There was no intent to defraud anyone here, and I'm shipping it for the second time via FedEx. Member EZ is totally distorting the truth about being defrauded by me for a router, as I refunded his total payment, and resold it to someone who absolutely loves it. I was very happy to get out of the router deal with angry Mr. EZ. Several very unusual events occurred with Eric's drill press. Some were out of my control, and others were totally my fault. This is the second item which I've sold to Eric, and after the considerable time that it takes to package a drill press properly, I could have done much better selling it on CL locally. My first transaction with Eric took longer than it should, but he didn't seem to be bothered. I'm a very patient person and am waiting well over 7 months for a custom item which I purchased on Etsy. I guess it's wrong for me to assume others are as patient, and I'm sorry that this happened. But, the damage is already done, and 6 months is pushing patience to a new limit. Nobody will be losing any money, and I've found out that I much rather be doing woodworking than spending time packing and shipping woodworking machines which I'm not using. I will update FedEx tracking information to Eric. Again, I'm very sorry that this happened, and I look forward to getting this behind me. I also regret that many are choosing to blow this out of proportion. I've been taken online for amounts more than 275$, but ended up choking it up to a bad experience, and didn't seek a social forum. As I said, I'm sorry that this worked out this way, and I accept total responsibility for all of the confusion surrounding it.
Mike
(07-04-2019, 01:20 AM)MichaelAL Wrote: ...EZ is totally distorting the truth about being defrauded by me for a router, as I refunded his total payment...

Actually I had to file a claim with my credit card company to get a refund.
Wood is good. 
Actually, I offered Mr. EZ a refund via PayPal more than once. Instead, he felt the desire to complicate matters by initiating a credit card charge back after I had dropped off the router for shipment. Thankfully, I was able to retrieve it and sell it to someone who loves it for 50$ more. That was the first credit card charge back I've ever had after accepting many, many online payments in the past. I tried to have Eric pay for the drill press with PayPal or other payment method, but he insisted on a money order, which is a bigger hassle for me. Banks typically hold money orders for 5-7 business days. That would have guaranteed delivery within his desired time frame. My biggest problem is that I've been over 300 miles from my home half of the time dealing with issues surrounding a family death. I'm very sorry that this happened, but it's time to correct it and move on.
I guess we can all take it for what it's worth. You've been a member here for less than a year and have now had issues selling at least 2x. I've sold hundreds if not thousands of items on this forum over the past 15 years and I believe I have had 2 issues. Both times, with folks not being happy with the product after they received it. I quickly cleaned both of those situations up offering either a return or credit. I guess my point in sharing my experience is to point out that, you're obviously not doing something right in your short time here. People on this board generally take care of each other and treat each other the way they would expect to be treated. HTH

When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, I call that bird a duck. $.02
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP