How do I warn other members of a scammer without Administrator intervention
(07-04-2019, 08:32 AM)MichaelAL Wrote:  Banks typically hold money orders for 5-7 business days. 

No horse in the race here, but you bypass any float applied by a bank by depositing into an ATM.....all items receive next day availability. Anyone that complains about bank float in 2019 makes me shake my head.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

(07-05-2019, 09:22 PM)packerguy® Wrote: No horse in the race here, but you bypass any float applied by a bank by depositing into an ATM.....all items receive next day availability. Anyone that complains about bank float in 2019 makes me shake my head.

You can deposit a money order through an ATM? Serious question...I didn't know that.
(07-05-2019, 09:27 PM)MyKidsDad Wrote: You can deposit a money order through an ATM? Serious question...I didn't know that.

Yes. It's easy. Get the Customer Service Representative at your bank to show you how. You get a dated deposit receipt and your money is available the next business day. It's a real time saver.
(07-05-2019, 09:27 PM)MyKidsDad Wrote: You can deposit a money order through an ATM? Serious question...I didn't know that.

Not around here, they don't have a deposit option on the ATMs at my CU. I was told they did that due to the rules of making the money available.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(07-05-2019, 09:22 PM)packerguy® Wrote: No horse in the race here, but you bypass any float applied by a bank by depositing into an ATM.....all items receive next day availability. Anyone that complains about bank float in 2019 makes me shake my head.

(07-06-2019, 05:31 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Not around here, they don't have a deposit option on the ATMs at my CU. I was told they did that due to the rules of making the money available.

Tangent to this thread but I actually prefer postal money orders; you just go to the post office to cash them. No messing around with bank rules.
Eric, I am sorry you got scammed. I have only had one problem here in many years, and it took a while, but it was finally resolved by refund.

Please follow up and tell us if the drill press ever arrived.

I hope it does, but I have marked the seller's name as someone I will not buy from.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
(07-06-2019, 05:50 AM)jlanciani Wrote: Tangent to this thread but I actually prefer postal money orders; you just go to the post office to cash them. No messing around with bank rules.

Actually, it was a postal MO that was used in this transaction.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(07-04-2019, 05:40 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: There doesn't seem to be an end to this story

(07-05-2019, 02:24 AM)Bob10 Wrote: There should be one next Wednesday
And then again 2 weeks later.
(07-06-2019, 10:43 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Actually, it was a postal MO that was used in this transaction.

Yes I saw that. My point was only that there is no need to deposit it into an account and wait for it to clear. Also you know right away if it is counterfeit. I typically just cash the MO at the PO when I’m shipping whatever I have sold. 
Yes
In the US there are 13,905 McDonalds restaurants, 8,575 Starbucks locations, 168,000 gasoline stations and 200,000 US Post offices. Not being able to locate a USPS facility even being 300 miles away from home to cash a postal money order is a little bit unusual. Just remembered that I borrowed my next door neighbor a mallet 2 weeks ago and he has not returned it! Dagnabbit!
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.