How do I warn other members of a scammer without Administrator intervention
If there is any small consolation, at least he sent you half of it and he can't sell it and stiff someone else all over again. I'm sorry for you that you've had to go through all of this, it's just not right.
Upset
(07-22-2019, 08:08 AM)Eric Commarato Wrote: WEEKLY UPDATE!

Still no second box.  FEDEX tracking is going nowhere.  I think the box is still at his house and he is probably there too.  He is too cheap to ship it. I'm giving it till Friday, then I'm filing a mail fraud complaint with USPS.  Might as well keep this record post going!

Eric

Eric, I'm truly sorry you've had to experience this fiasco but appreciate your openness by sharing your trials. I encourage you to file a complaint through USPS as well as contact both the Attorney General's office of your state as well as his (Michigan???). He is committing internet fraud period! It wouldn't hurt to contact his local BBB and for that matter, his local law enforcement to file a complaint.

If he is incapable of handling sale deliveries of his "warehouses full of equipment" he should refrain from offering anything for sale. Who knows how many others may have been affected through his schemes and never ending excuses.

I grew up hearing my dad say many times..."there are two types of people I do not trust in this world; A liar & a thief...but of the two, I'll trust a thief before a liar; A thief I know is going to steal from me...a liar I'm never certain when they might be telling me the truth versus telling me an out and out lie."  IMO, these words match the person of interest in this topic.

Bless you my friend for your patience and willingness to stay on the "high-road" throughout the ordeal.
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
Eric,

What parts of the drill press did you receive and what are you waiting for? Many of us have piles of "stuff" laying around, that just might help you cob something together that is useable.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(07-22-2019, 08:39 PM)hbmcc Wrote: Did Eric make wood bench vises commercially?

(07-23-2019, 07:56 AM)Eric Commarato Wrote: I'm not sure exactly what you meant by this statement???

Someone had a wood vise company years ago that advertised in a couple magazines. Your name sounds similar and I just wondered. Sorry for the digression.....
I wanted to take some time here in my lunch hour to thank all those here for your support along with the forum moderator.  I sincerely appreciate it.  Everyone here has been great, I actually had some members reach out and offer to help find parts to complete the remainder of the drill press.  I actually received an email from a gracious member who lived near Mike who offered to pick the final package up and help ship it to me...you couldn't ask for more nicer people.

I hope some of you don't feel I am selling out, but because the second box of drill press items never shipped after July 8th,  I've taken it upon myself to secure all of the parts necessary to make the machine complete and get it back into service.  I purchased all of the parts through various outlets, Ebay, & OWWM.org.  The remaining parts only ran an additional $125 or so, less the motor.

As far as the original topic of this post, Mike.  I don't ever expect to see the box of parts shipped or any kind of refund on my money, and that is OK.  I'd don't know what kind of issues Mike has, whether it be a busy schedule, personal issues, travel or what...maybe he has lapses in memory or maybe he is just lazy.  Regardless, this needs to be a lesson to everyone who buys and sells at this forum or any other internet outlet.  Don't buy or sell unless you do your homework.  Don't buy anything with a money order unless you know it is someone you trust.  When you buy, make sure you use a payment method where you have some recourse; your credit card or Paypal etc. Heck I trusted Mike because I bought an item from him previously.  If I had checked Mike's posts on this forum I would have seen the ANGUISH member ez-duzit had with him regarding the router sell.  It's really no one else's fault except MINE. The day I put my money order in the mail, I spotted the infamous "pop-corn post" regarding ez-duzit dealings with Mike.  I think the post was locked shortly after.

So in closing, I'm not going to continue commenting here on this topic or Mike's shortcomings. As the old chiche goes "you don't know what is like to walk in another man's shoes until you do"...or something like that.   I have a working drill press, or at least all the parts, that I will soon plan to restore and hopefully make something positive out of all this.

Eric
Eric
(07-24-2019, 01:37 PM)Eric Commarato Wrote: I wanted to take some time here in my lunch hour to thank all those here for your support along with the forum moderator.  I sincerely appreciate it.  Everyone here has been great, I actually had some members reach out and offer to help find parts to complete the remainder of the drill press.  I actually received an email from a gracious member who lived near Mike who offered to pick the final package up and help ship it to me...you couldn't ask for more nicer people.

Its really a shame you had to go through all of this, and I think you've been very gracious about it under the circumstances.  I don't think I would have had your patience, or your willingness to forgive/forget and put it behind you.  I couldn't ask for a nicer person than you to be a member of this forum.  Good luck with getting the drill press in order.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(07-24-2019, 02:09 PM)Admiral Wrote: Its really a shame you had to go through all of this, and I think you've been very gracious about it under the circumstances.  I don't think I would have had your patience, or your willingness to forgive/forget and put it behind you.  I couldn't ask for a nicer person than you to be a member of this forum.  Good luck with getting the drill press in order.

Thank you so much! I appreciate it.
Eric
WOW!!!! I just read this …
fred@kingstonco.com
(07-28-2019, 04:18 PM)Fred Kingston Wrote: WOW!!!! I just read this …

You should get out more Fred.
Raised
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(07-28-2019, 11:48 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: You should get out more Fred.
Raised

Yes
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay