Battery powered clock movements fail at about 18 months
Thanks for the suggestions. I have a clock at home I made 20 years ago. It’s a small clock and I didn’t pay more than $3 for the movement at the time. Still works and I’ve only changed the battery four times.
I’m thinking I’ll order some Seiko and try them.
VH07V  
(07-02-2019, 04:12 PM)EightFingers Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions. I have a clock at home I made 20 years ago. It’s a small clock and I didn’t pay more than $3 for the movement at the time. Still works and I’ve only changed the battery four times.

Seiko is a good quality movement.
(07-02-2019, 06:44 AM)AHill Wrote: I almost hate to ask this question, but did you change the battery?

Boom
Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
(07-02-2019, 04:12 PM)EightFingers Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions. I have a clock at home I made 20 years ago. It’s a small clock and I didn’t pay more than $3 for the movement at the time. Still works and I’ve only changed the battery four times.

I have a battery-powered pendulum movement that I bought in 1984. It swings a long 30" pendulum from a wall-mounted clock and still keeps almost perfect time. I change the D-cell battery about once every 14 months.
Rip to width. Plane to thickness. Cut to length. Join.
(07-04-2019, 04:05 PM)Edwin Hackleman Wrote: I have a battery-powered pendulum movement that I bought in 1984. It swings a long 30" pendulum from a wall-mounted clock and still keeps almost perfect time. I change the D-cell battery about once every 14 months.

Older movements are not an indicator of present durability. We have a clock kit my MIL made 35 odd years ago. The words "Made In China" usually infer DOA. And, under present regulations, I would never trust "Made In USA".