More house building fun with bureaucrats
That one's a winner for worst use of English ever!
VH07V  
I had my first interaction with inspector for what you would think is a minor issue - heaved sidewalk repair. I got a permit and broke out the section myself, formed it and hired a concrete guy to pour it. So the inspector comes back to check the work and really nitpicks it. He said I did not backfill enough soil next to the new section (literally 1" below the top) and he pointed out a 1/2" offset on a section which I did not even repair - had to order a diamond wheel for my angle grinder to fix that.

You look across the street and there is a sidewalk heaved 8" but no house there so no deep pockets to exploit I guess. My neighbor saw the red markings on the sidewalk and told me that she walks the whole neighborhood and you can't walk 50' w/o seeing a heaved sidewalk. No good deed goes unpunished I guess.

The concrete guy was in the business for 30 years and he told me 30 years ago the city fixed all sidewalks on their dime. Then 10 years later it was 50/50 city/homeowner. Now of course its 100% homeowner and nitpicking by the inspector is a bonus.