Resaw blade?
I use a 4 to 6 tpi blade and do not use a hook tooth blade but like a skip tooth.  I remember a post on it and why a hook tooth should not be used.  So my all around is 6tpi blade and it works great for me.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(07-08-2019, 09:43 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: If at all possible, bite the bullet and go carbide.

https://www.bandsawbladesdirect.com/leno...saw-blades

+1 on the Lenox. My Resaw King broke and I didn't want to spend the money for another one so I bought the Lenox and love it.
(07-04-2019, 07:52 PM)jteneyck Wrote:  For "a lot of resawing" you should consider a bimetal blade, such as the Lennox Diemaster II, or Olson MVP.  On a 14" saw a 1/2" x 3 tpi blade is a good choice.  

John

This.  

While I haven't broken out the good Timberwolf blades I bought, I've just been using the "cheap" Grizzly 1/2" x 3 x whatever blades I bought to experiment with on my 14" Griz+riser.  The experimenting has been to try sharpening them with the diamond burr tool in a Dremmel and that works a treat. No problems making good, clean cuts in cherry, maple or oak test boards. 

It seems about 4, maybe 5 resharpenings of the cheap blades is the limit. The set is reduced each time and I'm not going to re-set the teeth on a $10 bandsaw blade. In fact, doing the sharpening is a bit silly but I was curious about the recommendations from Timberwolf, etc. that I'd read here. It does work.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Thanks for the suggestions to all.
After posting this I happened to ask a fellow member of the Cincinnati Woodworking Club what he uses for resawing and he informed me that Eccles Saw & Tool (located in the Evendale area here) sells good 3tpi blades that he uses for resawing and he recommended it. I’ve used Eccles for resharpening ts blades but didn’t know they sold bs blades cut off a roll.
I put in an order for a couple blades and I’ll see how well they work soon enough.
Ray
(07-07-2019, 07:47 AM)DogwoodTales Wrote: So just and hank what size bandsaws do you have?
Looks like just has a 14”. What about John’s concern about using carbide on a 14”? Any issues with that?

Sorry for the late reply, Ray. I just noticed your question.
I have a Laguna LT 18 18" saw.

Hank