Two inch stack of paperwork
and we have our construction loan!!!
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin

Now all we have to do is catch a dry spell to finish digging the basement and we're set to go.
Rolleyes

Weather forecast is for rain Sat and Sun, dry Mon, Tue, Wed, then more rain.
Angry
Angry
Angry
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Guess that means you have an address as well...congrats!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(07-06-2019, 05:27 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Guess that means you have an address as well...congrats!

Not until we get concrete footers poured.  
Rolleyes

Lawyer and banker at closing just laughed when I mentioned the problem.  It's a constant fight in the county so they just let it ride until the final closing and then they use the surveyor's description and whatever mailing address they are given. 
Laugh

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
We had no physical address when we moved into this house. We were known as living in the Koepsle house- everyone knew where the Koepsle house was. Instead, we had a po box.
There was a faded street sign that may have read Seguin at one time. When the DMV and other places demanded a physical address, I made one up and used it for all of them. Finally the county adopted 911 services in the 90's and we had ourselves an official street name and a real genuine legal and usable house number- life was good. But the folks at the DMV wanted to know how it was we didn't move but had a different address. I don't remember what bs I told them.
(07-05-2019, 09:12 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: and we have our construction loan!!!
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin

Now all we have to do is catch a dry spell to finish digging the basement and we're set to go.
Rolleyes

Weather forecast is for rain Sat and Sun, dry Mon, Tue, Wed, then more rain.
Angry
Angry
Angry

We are hitting a dry spell here it's called summer. Highs of 100*+ and very high humidity for the forseeable future. Forecast is 99-100* but no one lives at the airport, it's always 5-7* hotter here than the airport and the forecast.  So enjoy the rain...  Also enjoy the basement. I with houses here had them.
(07-06-2019, 09:12 PM)Robert Adams Wrote:       We are hitting a dry spell here it's called summer. Highs of 100*+ and very high humidity for the forseeable future. Forecast is 99-100* but no one lives at the airport, it's always 5-7* hotter here than the airport and the forecast.  So enjoy the rain...  Also enjoy the basement. I with houses here had them.

That heat and humidity is the one think I don't like about Texas.  I travel to Dallas for work from time to time and its always in the summer.  Can't wait to leave every time, I just can't take that kind of heat and humidity.  In NJ we can get into the mid to upper 90s, but then a front blows in after 4 or 5 days from our friends in Canada and cools everything down.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(07-07-2019, 11:04 AM)Admiral Wrote: That heat and humidity is the one think I don't like about Texas.  I travel to Dallas for work from time to time and its always in the summer.  Can't wait to leave every time, I just can't take that kind of heat and humidity.  In NJ we can get into the mid to upper 90s, but then a front blows in after 4 or 5 days from our friends in Canada and cools everything down.

I can't wait to leave here either. As it gets hotter my anger grows along with it exponentially. I'm at the point now where I am constantly cussing and just flat pissed off any time I am outside. This really is a horrible place to live weatherwise not to mention that there is nothing to do that's not at least a day and a half drive or a flight away... She wants an RV but it takes so long to get far enough north to where the weather is decent. I am an outdoors person and this is not the part of the country for it.
We just drove >4,000 miles to reach the cool of Alaska. There’s a heat wave up here, plus wildfires.
Sad Fortunately, at the moment there are fewer bugs than Oklahoma.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
The easiest way to complete and sign all these papers is to use a stamp! I work in the law domain, so I have to sign hundreds of papers every day. It's very exhausting to sign them all. Believe me that the easiest way is to use a stamp. You can create a stamp thru online platforms like this one. I use only it when I order a new stamp. The price is very low and the quality is the best on the market. The delivery is very fast and free! I think that everyone must think about how to do their job most easily, saving some time.
started this thread 2019-07-05

Moved into house 2021-1-15

Can't believe some of the nonsense that has caused delays.
Rolleyes

Then it only took 23 hours to get a contract on the old house
Laugh

Now if the credit union will get outta their office chairs and get us our mortgage!

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)