Sacrilege: "PVC Lumber"
(07-06-2019, 02:18 PM)rwalden Wrote: That's because you can't see it. 

That's why I said what I did. Sorry....
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(07-07-2019, 11:20 AM)Roly Wrote: Try using a router to shape the edge,
Roly --
I've no intention of trying that.  I assume that anything that generates heat will just make a mess.  Besides, I'm a woodworker.  I was happy that it solved a specific problem for me, but it is where it belongs, and I have no desire to do anything else with it.
Take care,
Russ
(07-07-2019, 12:50 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: That's why I said what I did. Sorry....

Stwood --
See the pic above in my post to Roly.
I was studying various elaborate ways to avoid rotting out the wood bottoms, and was not happy with any of them, especially when you consider that a 7 foot planter box is probably going to be in place for a long time.  The PVC is an instant and permanent solution.   All I have to do is drill holes in it.  I plan to cover the bottoms with about 2" of rubber mulch to keep the dirt from dribbling out.
Take care,
Russ