110V TO 220V POWERMATIC BAND SAW FRUSTRATION
I actually mean changing from 220v back to 110v on a 14" Powermatic band saw #PWBS-14. It came many years ago pre wired 110v. I wired it to 220v and a new plug.
Now I decided to change it back (don't ask why!).
I know some machines have the rewire in the switch, others don't.
After not being able to find my owners manual I located it on the internet.
It was on page 8, so I pressed print.
Nothing happened.
Okay.....turn the printer on.
Nothing happened.
Okay.....put some paper in.
Next.....clear the jam.
Finally it printed..
PM's owners manual doesn't bother to tell you where to go.
After disassembling the START STOP switch, I decided that wasn't it.
So Now I went to the terminal box on the top of the motor, where I could hardly get to it.
I'm 68 and have a bad...….well a bad everything.
There was a white wire,  a red wire,   a black wire, and a gray wire.
All had a number; 1 through 4.
I looked at page 8 in the manual and no number lined up with either the 110v or 220v drawings.
In fact they had a yellow wire, which isn't even there.
I felt like just cutting that off, but I a smidgen of common sense came to me at the last moment and I didn't do that. 
Finally I looked through my cataracts and double vision and saw this tiny diagram on the back of the
terminal box cover that I had took off and accidentally sat on.
That diagram was completed different than the owner's manual.
I was sitting on my rather plump behind on a cold concrete floor and I decided I needed more room.
So I  pushed the band saw away from me to obtain it.
All the parts and screws now fell all over the floor and the Philips head screwdriver hit me on the top of my head.
A small trickle of blood now made it's way across my barren scalp.
Well I decided to follow the diagram on the back of the terminal cover.
I installed a 110v plug and plugged it into my heavy duty extension cord.
Nothing happened.
As I stood there bewildered, my beautiful wife walked into my workshop, looked around,
plugged in the extension, which was followed by the sweet sound of my band saw,
and as she left she said; "Oh by the way, you've got something on your head."
We all have days like that.
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

Don't ever laugh at your wife's choices....you are one of them!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Don't you hate it when someone watching sees things you don't?  Or just walks in a solves a problem you've been working on for a long time?
Laugh

I notice when you get older, a scratch will bleed like stab wound (Especially on the head). I was clearing the future fence line of thorned bushes and when I was done, the small scratches on my arms and face looked like something out of a bloody horror movie, and all the sweat just made the blood run down in streaks. I had forgotten about it.
 But I'd of given a lot if you could have seen the omg look on the wife's face when I walked into the house.
Laugh
(07-06-2019, 02:44 PM)Quarter Sawn Wrote: As I stood there bewildered, my beautiful wife walked into my workshop, looked around,
plugged in the extension, which was followed by the sweet sound of my band saw,
and as she left she said; "Oh by the way, you've got something on your head."

About halfway through I figured there was a kicker coming into play on this story.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

But how’s the screwdriver?  
Eek
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"