My planer isn't happy with me after today
...after milling up this pile of Red Oak that will eventually become the rails and styles for my kitchen cabinet doors. 
Big Grin

Someone actually had the nerve to say on my Facebook page  "Why don't you just buy all of your cabinets...you can save yourself a lot of work."   They obviously don't get it. 
Smile
If your planer isn’t happy, then you need a bigger one.
Don't know how much you had to remove or what you have for a planer, but that isn't too big of a deal, especially if your blades were sharp. Did you flatten them with a jointer first?

Just curious
(07-06-2019, 06:44 PM)stav Wrote: If your planer isn’t happy, then you need a bigger one.
Because I'm working out of my finished attached garage any woodworking tools I use need to be portable and I don't have a dust collection system at the moment.  My Dewalt 13" planer does a great job for know because of the blower it has on it.  I do have my eyes on a Jet combo 12" jointer/planer but it's too big without a dedicated shop where it can sit in one place. 

(07-06-2019, 07:12 PM)toolmiser Wrote: Don't know how much you had to remove or what you have for a planer, but that isn't too big of a deal, especially if your blades were sharp.  Did you flatten them with a jointer first?

Just curious
For me this is a large project (247 feet of 2 1/4" X 3/4" thick stock in various lengths) seeing how the largest thing I've built so far is a coffee table and TV stand.  I use a 13" Dewalt planer and I use a planer sled to flatten the boards.  My initial planning is rough because I like to let the boards set for a few days in case they move after the first surfacing.
(07-06-2019, 05:36 PM)Duane N Wrote: Someone actually had the nerve to say on my Facebook page  "Why don't you just buy all of your cabinets...you can save yourself a lot of work."   They obviously don't get it. 
Smile

Ain't that the truth, I've heard that a couple of times and had to bite my tongue.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(07-07-2019, 05:46 AM)fredhargis Wrote:
Duane N Wrote: Wrote:Someone actually had the nerve to say on my Facebook page  "Why don't you just buy all of your cabinets...you can save yourself a lot of work."   They obviously don't get it.  [Image: yellowsmile.gif]

Ain't that the truth, I've heard that a couple of times and had to bite my tongue.

Crazy
Confused Ummmm...... Why not HD cabinets? 

Just kidding.
Could of made them with A LOT less hassle out of MDF.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
Nice job on the planing, Duane - I get it! Nothing like the look of wooden cabinets IMO. Before I bought my 15" planer with a carbide cutterhead, I used a Ridgid 13 incher for years; very nice planer that I still use occasionally. It has a hookup for a shop vac which works quite effectively. Not familiar with your Dewalt but maybe it might work on it also in the future.

Good luck!

Doug
Lot easier than using a cordless planer!
VH07V  
I've got a stack of Casuarina (aka Ironwood). Now if I planed up a stack that size, my little planer would be a bit unhappy, and be asking for a resharp. 
Smirk  Normal hardwoods and softwoods, the Dewalt works fine, and has planed a ton of wood over the years. 

Looking at upgrading to one of the cheaper carbide spiral units (and a box of spare cutters) before I get serious with that stuff.