sharpen a hollow chisel mortiser bit
So long as the angle is the same or slightly steeper (I think) you should be fine. 

I haven't had any issues with my set and the el-craptp set of chisels that came with my mortising machine. With a slightly steeper angle, it is like putting a microbevel on the inside of the hollow chisel. Then most of the work is the hone and polish on the outside.

Of course, don't go nuts with the diamond plate as you don't want to significantly alter the chisel shape. I could see using too coarse of a stone and ending up with one side out of square or loosing some or all of the corner tip or something silly like that. I just worked them enough to make the tips sharp and remove the burrs. The auger gets attention too with a file like this one :

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.as...3089,70693

In the case of the auger, you only work on the INSIDE of edges so as to not alter its diameter. Much the same as for augers for a brace.

And I should say that I'm not putting the cones into a drill. Just using them in the handle. It might seem like it could take a long time but the burr forms quickly from the coarser cone.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin