Hand saw Disston #12<<SOLD PENDING>>
This is the saw that the majority of woodworkers seem to want , when you check ebay sales....and it is one of Disston's best...very thin, flexible, 7PPI  crosscut, tapered blade 24" long with Nib..Applewood handle {has been repaired with a screw }.Both upper and lower horns are good...blade.needs to be sharpened but then it could go to work..These #12's run with very little set and cut smooth as silk when nicely sharpened..That's why they are so desirable...selling this one for $48.00 plus whatever the charge is to your zip code. Paypal only...USA sale only {sorry} Thanks for looking

[Image: fullsizeoutput-812.jpg]

[Image: fullsizeoutput-80d.jpg]

[Image: fullsizeoutput-811.jpg]

[Image: fullsizeoutput-810.jpg]
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

That's a great saw, agree its one of Disston's best. I've got two 12s in my till (8pt and 10 pt filed cc) and wouldn't sell either of them. I'd love to find a nice 5pt rip but I've got a slightly better (and a bit rarer) #99 ripper. A 12 cuts wood like butter when sharpened properly.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(07-12-2019, 01:37 PM)Admiral Wrote: That's a great saw, agree its one of Disston's best.  I've got two 12s in my till (8pt and 10 pt filed cc) and wouldn't sell either of them.  I'd love to find a nice 5pt rip but I've got a slightly better (and a bit rarer) #99 ripper.  A 12 cuts wood like butter when sharpened properly.
Rich, all the twelves I have tried seem to have the "whippiest" blades in my arsenal with one exception..I'll have to dig that one out of the pile and measure the plate.I forgot who it was made by...It's so flexible that it wants to bend to the right or left at first, when you just try to hold it upright.
Big Grin

IIRC, the #12 was the favorite saw of the former woodnetter from Washington state who built and repaired boats on the Hood Canal. Just can't remember his name at the moment but do remember that he was well respected..and a very innovative guy.

Get off my lawn !
Upset

(07-12-2019, 03:57 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: IIRC, the #12 was the favorite saw of the former woodnetter from Washington state who built and repaired boats on the Hood Canal. Just can't remember his name at the moment but do remember that he was well respected..and a very innovative guy.

Bob Smalzer.  I learned a lot from him.  He hasn't been here in a long time.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(07-12-2019, 05:20 PM)Admiral Wrote: Bob Smalzer.  I learned a lot from him.  He hasn't been here in a long time.
Right,,,,,,Bob,,,,It has been a really long time...He's quite a guy..US Army Ranger Captain.Viet Nam..and a fine craftsman...I hope he's doing well...

Get off my lawn !
Upset

Jack, as the box says, you are a CRAFTSMAN in everything I've seen of yours, including box building.  (Cardboard is derived from wood.  
Big Grin ) Taped, and *glued*! For the budding shipper, looks like Titebond II. Needless to say, it arrived in perfect condition. Thanks for all the care you put into it. Cleaning too. 

Had to spare the shipping box for temporary storage; harder than I expected and finally cut into the top to peel the lamination open. I think Dominic Greco is the other professional shipping container maker.

Actually, all my purchases from S&S have been well tended and wrapped. Some just display an art too good to throw away.

Thanks,
Bruce