Yankee 131a screwdriver
  Re: Yankee 131a screwdriver by perchriver (Does anyone know whe...)
Now have a nice set of handles.. Cool

had to spent a whopping $4 for all of this....average was $1 a piece... Rolleyes
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(07-14-2019, 07:10 AM)perchriver Wrote: Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement spring for a Yankee 131a.  Thanks.

You could always make one, here's a humorous, entertaining but very useful video on the subject, https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=jAawhg6JtyY
"Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped." Andy Weir (in his book The Martian)
  Re: RE: Yankee 131a screwdriver by bandit571 (Now have a nice set ...)
(07-21-2019, 03:38 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Now have a nice set of handles.. Cool
[Image: attachment.php?aid=19547]
had to spent a whopping $4 for all of this....average was $1 a piece... Rolleyes
They're perfect!
  Re: RE: Yankee 131a screwdriver by kdouglaslee ([quote='perchriver' ...)
(07-25-2019, 12:27 PM)kdouglaslee Wrote: You could always make one, here's a humorous, entertaining but very useful video on the subject, https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=jAawhg6JtyY
I said earlier in the thread....I have a #131A in the shop....only thing missing is the selector switch...spring is intact..let me know where to send it...
(07-14-2019, 07:10 AM)perchriver Wrote: Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement spring for a Yankee 131a.  Thanks.

if you are still looking i have a bunch
brand new
$19.99 canadian
let me know if that interests you
  Re: RE: Yankee 131a screwdriver by kdouglaslee ([quote='perchriver' ...)
(07-25-2019, 12:27 PM)kdouglaslee Wrote: You could always make one, here's a humorous, entertaining but very useful video on the subject, https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=jAawhg6JtyY
I have made lots of springs in the past...but This Old Tony's "wire brake" idea is a trick I will remember from this video...thanks for the link! Winkgrin
"If you don't read newspapers you're uninformed...If you do read newspapers, you're misinformed.....Mark Twain

Jack Edgar, Sgt. USMC Korea, the Forgotten War 51/52
Get off my lawn ! Upset

These are the "other half" of what I have....seems to be one or two at about every garage sale....when they have "TOOLS!"  for sale...

Good thing they usually put these on a table...otherwise, I'd be tripping over the dang things Winkgrin
Then there are the push drills...and the eggbeater drills...and the braces...
I might just have a few of each.....

Half of the eggbeaters, maybe?

Push drills, screwdrivers, braces, and more eggbeaters....and a few other tools..... Winkgrin
  Re: RE: Yankee 131a screwdriver by Admiral (Yeah, unfortunately ...)
(07-14-2019, 12:18 PM)Admiral Wrote: Yeah, unfortunately the only way is to find another 131; or find a spring in the bottom of a tool box, as many original owners removed the spring for some reason, I've found many that have had the spring taken out.  I'll check to see if I have a donor (don't think so), but its a donor you need as these springs were pretty specific to the tool.

Before cordless drills I used my Yankee  for screwing hinges into the door and jamb. I removed the spring when I was warned that the spring action could be dangerous when installing mirrors and such.  I haven't seen the spring in 50+ years.
mike