Smoke damage
Picked up the CL  Jet Supersaw this afternoon.  About 10 years old but has not been used for last 6.   54" rip fence.   I think it's a much better unit than what we replaced.
Why can't you just blow the soot out of the motors??
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(07-24-2019, 12:40 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Why can't you just blow the soot out of the motors??

Restoration company wanted $600 each to clean the machines.   Another company would take apart the motors and do a cleaning, predicted 8 hrs at $75/hr.

The next show is the last weekend in September and we don't have a space to work, we cannot remove the machines from the fire site, and the stage construction manager is laid up with knee replacement surgery and the stand-in is on vacation.  We normally work 10 weekends per show and spend evenings the week of show getting to site, assembled and fixing problems.   In a couple of shows in the last two years, I finished the set work about 15 minutes before the house opened (audience let in the theater).

Blowing the soot out would not completely clean the insides.  Fear was potentially getting fires in the motors or switches or possible toxic fumes while running.    The equipment was not that good to begin with and cheaper to replace than repair.  One table saw, one miter saw, a $100 compressor and some stage equipment (smoke machines, ironically).

In the end, I'm just a volunteer that shows up with some skills and a pickup truck, the decision was made by the board of directors.