LOML doesn't like to see under the bed
(07-15-2019, 05:03 PM)shoottmx Wrote: Finally going on a lumber buying trip tomorrow to pick up cherry to build the shaker bed we've been planning for some time. LOML doesn't like to see under a bed so she'd like to have a bed spread hang to the floor. Me, the woodworker, doesn't want to have those gorgeous cherry rails covered so would like to come up with a workable solution to hang a dust ruffle under the bed mounted somehow to the side and bottom rail. It would have to be reasonably easy to remove and reinstall so it could be washed periodically.

Anyone done this or something similar? I'm totally open to alternatives as well.

Thanks,  g

I have a very similar problem with a built-in bed I just did, I was thinking about tacking it up or using velcro, but now I'm leaning toward curtain rods, after all, a dust ruffle is just a short curtain.  Just a thought.
"Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped." Andy Weir (in his book The Martian)
Have your wife sew snaps to the Velcro and the ruffle and use the snaps to remove the Velcro before washings.
I’m pretty sure you don’t want to wash the Velcro.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
If you're going to mess with snaps, just fasten them to the ruffle and the bed rails and skip the velcro.

Like these - https://www.jamestowndistributors.com/us...type:Snaps
Just concede now and be happy she waited for you to build the bed
Smile