Sympothy Please
Make sure you repurpose the wood.  I know I have a few scraps left of what others gave me and they come in great to use for other small projects. 
Yes
Yes
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(07-18-2019, 04:21 PM)Halfathumb Wrote: I started building Lonnie Bird's 18th Century PA Secretary probably 5 or 6 years ago . Long story short, I lost my wife in June 2015, started building the upper case and between 3 daughters and 7 GK it kept getting pushed aside. I moved the desk section into the house about 2 1/2 years ago.  About a month a go I decided to finish this project, put it the upcoming fair. (Big event) I was fortunate to located a piece of walnut 5/4 x 14' x 66' which worked perfectly for the panels on the Tombstone Doors. After working very cautiously and meticulously (Down the 1/64"). I realized after getting it to the exactly size, I discovered that I made the book case 3 1/2" to narrow. This is 3:30 Thursday afternoon, and I have to take it to the fair by 6 PM Saturday.

I have no idea how I made such a blunder, but the bottom line is that "Oh S....". Doors are to big and no time to make new ones. Plus the bookcase would look terrible on the desk.

This has to be the blunder of the year in the entire woodworking community.

First, my condolences for your loss, albeit somewhat tardy. With all that you have had going on in your life, it is not surprising that something like this crept in. I'm certain I've made these mistakes with little to no drama going on, i.e. "stuff" just happens. BTW, seems like you have you life priorities in order - good for you!

Will look forward to pics of the new build!

Good luck,

Doug