The Hamler Scraper Insert is Back!!
(07-29-2019, 03:19 PM)Dan Moening Wrote: Received my Scraper Insert today!

Took me a while to find it in the package with all the bubble-wrap ... very well packaged!

Installed it per the instruction sheet into a 1900 era Stanley #6 with included washers ...
A quick couple of test runs shows this will be a wonderful tool !
Will need a little tuning (or different plane with a better sole) to get it just right, but I'm very pleased!

~Dan.
Saving his money for the Millers Patent Plow release.

Wink

Dan,

I am glad that you like it. I agonized over every detail on this tool, wanting (needing) to do well in Mr. Hamler's eyes.

I still have a few left if anyone is interested in purchasing one. Send me a PM.

Attached Files Image(s)

Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
"Took me a while to find it in the package with all the bubble-wrap ... very well packaged!

Installed it per the instruction sheet into a 1900 era Stanley #6 with included washers ...
A quick couple of test runs shows this will be a wonderful tool !
Will need a little tuning (or different plane with a better sole) to get it just right, but I'm very pleased!

~Dan.
Saving his money for the Millers Patent Plow release."

I have one of the originals, and getting the thing to work has always been my problem. Hadn't thought that maybe the issue was the plane sole. I should try swapping that. Thanks for the idea.

Here is the instruction sheet that I include with the new Hamler Scraper Inserts. The process applies to the original as well. Perhaps that will help you to get it set up to your satisfaction.

I'd be more than happy to help. You can either PM me here or contact me via email at loonlaketoolworks@gmail.com

.pdf   Scraper Insert Instructions.pdf (Size: 1.21 MB / Downloads: 431)
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
Thanks enjuneer. Your instructions look a bit more detailed than the ones I originally got (though that might be the pictures. Or my memory). I'll give them a shot at some point, and if it doesn't work out I'll reach out to you.

Mark