Thimble Display Case
Just finished my biggest thimble display case yet for the LOML.   It measures about 30x30" and the case is Curly Maple, lattice is poplar and back is ply with wine flocking.   Finish is General Finishes Arm-R-Seal.  

I hope this is the last one I ever need to build for her,  she overflowed the last one (had 108 spots) and this one still has around 100 open spots in it out of the 225 available.  

Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
Very nice Gary!  How do you cut the 'lattice work' and do you glue all the pieces together or just glue around the edges?

Lonnie
The lattice isn't glued in and is cut with a cross-lap jig. It is sandwiched between two small strips on the top/bottom of the case and the back. It's made up of cross-lap joints.
(07-19-2019, 02:58 PM)Gary™ Wrote: The lattice isn't glued in and is cut with a cross-lap jig.  It is sandwiched between two small strips on the top/bottom of the case and the back.  It's made up of cross-lap joints.
Nice work Gary!!
Yes
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Very nice indeed!  Curly Maple really grabs the eye.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Two thumbs up.  
Yes
(07-19-2019, 01:30 PM)Gary™ Wrote: Just finished my biggest thimble display case yet for the LOML.   It measures about 30x30" and the case is Curly Maple, lattice is poplar and back is ply with wine flocking.   Finish is General Finishes Arm-R-Seal.  

I hope this is the last one I ever need to build for her,  she overflowed the last one (had 108 spots) and this one still has around 100 open spots in it out of the 225 available.  

How many hours did it take to build
(07-19-2019, 07:11 PM)Woodworm! Wrote: How many hours did it take to build

About 3 weeks doing about 3-4 hrs a day on it.
Outstanding job.  Love the curly woods.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.