Cool Shop storage idea
Always looking for space saving ideas for shop. Might try this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhZMOnsVRds
That is pretty slick...
Yes
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
(07-22-2019, 12:48 PM)Big Dave Wrote: That is pretty slick...
Yes

What Big Dave said...I could see an application for this in a utility room or walk in closet...storing glasses/dishes for occasional entertaining or out of season clothing/shoes...
It is not an efficient system at all: it is no good for storing heavier tools unless you have pop eyes's kind of arms; it uses the overhead space but at the sacrifice of the wall space; and it is no good if the containers need to be stored in an upright position.

Simon
Isn’t The whole point of the device is supposed to be able to store things in the upright regardless of whether up or down position? As far as taking up wall space if you position it far enough from the wall and make the stop piece long enough I would think you could still hang things on the wall. And if you have a machine on mobile base against the wall you could just move it out of the way when accessing it. And with the weight he did mention adding a gas spring.
(07-22-2019, 03:03 PM)Juss1 Wrote: Isn’t The whole point of the device is supposed to be able to  store things in the upright regardless of whether up or down position?

When the unit is up in a horizontal manner under the ceiling, containers are no longer held in an upright or vertical position.

Simon
(07-22-2019, 06:19 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: When the unit is up in a horizontal manner under the ceiling, containers are no longer held in an upright or vertical position.

Simon

Were we watching the same video? Seems to me the shelving remained horizontal (as well as the orientation of the contents) regardless of the position of the hatch door...
Unless I'm missing something Seems shelves are upright regardless of position.  

[Image: RJw09Cu.jpg]
You would need to limit the height on each shelf, so that there
was clearance. The video seemed to "jump" a bit as he swung
them down near the end.

I suppose there are situations where it would work, but it seems
to me that there must be an easier method.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(07-23-2019, 10:17 AM)brianwelch Wrote: Were we watching the same video? Seems to me the shelving remained horizontal (as well as the orientation of the contents) regardless of the position of the hatch door...

You're right, Brian. I was thinking of tall containers that need to be laid down flat.

Simon