Air Compressor help please
Is it leaking at the glass or threads?

Most likely a gasket or O-ring. The threads are probably poorly done as well.

Stick a socket wrench on it and try and tighten it- work it back and forth a few times to try and get it to seat.

You're gonna have to remove it to find out what type of seal it is. Once removed, you might be able to temporarily match it up with a bolt or npt plug while you wait for the part.

If the glass is leaking, that looks like a non-reparable compressed glass seal and you'll need a new one.
I tried tightening. I think it’s the glass
jacks small engine repair has em in stock. ive used jacks for parts for quite a few years. never disappointed.

https://www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks-...r/vt470000

looks like ya want part# Part#: TF050102AJ
(07-25-2019, 08:25 PM)Roly Wrote: The same question was posted in off topic and Stwood had the same answer.   Sounds like the best way to go about it.   Agree with both of you.   Roly

Cool

Oh, and to the OP - if you decide to tilt it to remove the sight glass, I'd strongly recommend rigging a support system from the ceiling, or using an engine hoist, as a backup so it doesn't get away from you. Just in case.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
thanks all

and it appears to be leaking from the glass - I've tightened but I believe it's the metal to glass seal
(07-26-2019, 06:44 AM)TDKPE Wrote:
Cool

Oh, and to the OP - if you decide to tilt it to remove the sight glass, I'd strongly recommend rigging a support system from the ceiling, or using an engine hoist, as a backup so it doesn't get away from you.  Just in case.

Hey, can I borrow that suggestion and post it in the other thread???........
Winkgrin 

Raised
Raised
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(07-26-2019, 09:29 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Hey, can I borrow that suggestion and post it in the other thread???........
Winkgrin 

Raised
Raised

Hmmm - those raised eyebrows look familiar.  
Raised
Raised
Raised
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(07-26-2019, 09:44 AM)TDKPE Wrote: Hmmm - those raised eyebrows look familiar.  
Raised
Raised
Raised

Must be plentiful around here. Dime a dozen?? 

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(07-26-2019, 09:57 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Must be plentiful around here. Dime a dozen?? 

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Or many millions of dollars for one. 

I can do that, too - 
Raised - but nobody is going to pay me or make me famous for it.  I guess because it's already been done.   

Wondering where the OP is on that sight glass.
Tom

(07-26-2019, 10:04 AM)TDKPE Wrote: Wondering where the OP is on that sight glass.

1. Duty calls
2. Nature calls
3. Stubbed toe and is currently *&^%$@#$%@&%
4. Evaporated
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020