Looking for info about coffee table
There is a huge market for so many people shopping for used furniture in my area, Chicagoland. I guess though it all depends on location, location, location and your own willingness to sell. No way would I sell it for $20! I would be a strong buyer at that price for flipping with a good return. I am familiar with that piece. I think it was sold at a major national retailer like JC Penney. Not high end but it was real wood and solid construction for a fair price. Most people on the street no nothing about it and just are looking to fill a need at an affordable price. I’ve seen these tables selling in EstateSales for around the price I said earlier. The last day of the sale is usually 50% off so there is room for negotiation. At the worse, you can always dismantle and re use the wood for another more wanted project.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
(07-31-2019, 02:43 PM)Woodenfish Wrote: At the worse, you can always dismantle and re use the wood for another more wanted project.

The fact that OP does not want to refinish the table would lead me to believe he doesn't want any part of dismantling and reusing the wood for another project.  Sounds like OP is just trying to make a buck or two on his investment and move on.
Honestly, you'd probably do best by painting it with chalk paint and selling it as "shabby chic."  I've seen women do this and get $150 for furniture they got for nearly free. Chalk paint is super easy to make, just add plaster of paris to latex paint. If you do end up refinishing it, stay away from that "golden oak" color, that hasn't been popular for decades (thank goodness).
"Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped." Andy Weir (in his book The Martian)