Puzzle picture frame rebate to small

Judy volunteered me to build some frames and I agreed.
Made the first and took it over for a test fit.
The puzzle manufacturer stated it’s 20” X 20”— my corners at the inside of the rebate are 19-15/16” X 20”
The puzzle is more than 1/4” wide on the 20” side; the other side is just a hair small.
The frame has lots of molding.
What’s the best way to widen the rebate?
I think trying a TS stop cut is too unwieldy.
I’m thinking I should take a router to it with an uncut spiral bit?
Any better method?
Gary

Liberty, Self-Reliance, Self-Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
ServicePen 2014
  Re: Puzzle picture frame rebate to small by Gary G™ (Judy volunteered me ...)
I often have that problem framing a photo when the glass is just a tiny bit too big.  A router would work, though you would want a straight edge to run against.  I have used a wide chisel, and that goes pretty quick.  I have also used a small rebate plane on its side, then finished the ends with a chisel.  A side rabbet plane would also work, though they are not very common.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QANk3y_mtzk
How about a small router and rabbeting bit with an appropriately sized bearing.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
Or...

A really sharp razor, trim 1/32 off both sides of the puzzle... Make IT fit the frame.  The trimmed edges will be hidden by the frame.  Who'll miss the little you trim?

It's a puzzle...
... Not a painting by one of the masters.  Cool

Your frame however..
.. Might BE a work of art.
Jim in Virginia
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
What BOM said! Yes Yes Yes

I've framed a lot of puzzles and now and then adjusted the puzzle to fit the frame.

I also bought some medium density foam sheets to use to line the inside of the frame to fill a gap because the glass is too small. I've learned to make a cardboard template for the glass and size it 1/8" smaller on each side. Easier to pad the glass than get it recut.

Re: RE: Puzzle picture frame rebate to small by K. L McReynolds (What BOM said! :yes:...)
(07-29-2019, 03:36 PM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: What BOM said! Yes Yes Yes

I've framed a lot of puzzles and now and then adjusted the puzzle to fit the frame.

I also bought some medium density foam sheets to use to line the inside of the frame to fill a gap because the glass is too small. I've learned to make a cardboard template for the glass and size it 1/8" smaller on each side. Easier to pad the glass than get it recut.

I'll third this.

I usually end up trimming the puzzle a 1/16" or more to fit properly.
No one has ever noticed.