Dewalt Replacement Batteries
I need to replace the batteries for a Dewalt 18 volt drill.  Both batteries no longer charge.  I am assuming it is the battery as the charger gives a code indicating that the pack should be replaced.

Has anybody had experience with the non-OEM brands from sources like Amazon and Ebay - roughly $15 to $18 each (versus a Dewalt replcement for $75 each).  Should I avoid the low price options and just search for a new drill?

Thanks
Rick

I’d get an adapter kit for about $119 from dewalt

The kit includes an adapter to use the 20v batteries on 18v tools two batteries and a charger

The price is $149 regularly but goes on sale frequently at $119

Then eventually transition to the newer 20v tools

Duke
I asked this some time ago, and most of the replies were that the cheap ones hold up for a decent amount of time but you get what you pay for.
Either buy the adaptor to fit the 20v max or give it to someone you don't like and buy new....

Ed
(07-29-2019, 04:04 PM)JDuke Wrote: I’d get an adapter kit for about $119 from dewalt

The kit includes an adapter to use the 20v batteries on 18v tools two batteries and a charger

Duke

How much weight do the 20V batterries add and how is the balance affected? I have a Dewalt 18V impact driver and circular saw.

I have to add, I have Bosch 12V impact driver, and 2 drills. The Bosch are great tools. When I bought the Dewalts, I thought the power difference would be several magnitudes greater, however, it was not.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
I just bought some aftermarket batteries for my Milwaukee. So far (after several months) they have worked every bit as well as the OEM. I admit they likely won't live as long, though in all honesty the OEM didn't last as long as I thought they should.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(07-29-2019, 03:50 PM)Rick_B Wrote: I need to replace the batteries for a Dewalt 18 volt drill.  Both batteries no longer charge.  I am assuming it is the battery as the charger gives a code indicating that the pack should be replaced.

Has anybody had experience with the non-OEM brands from sources like Amazon and Ebay - roughly $15 to $18 each (versus a Dewalt replcement for $75 each).  Should I avoid the low price options and just search for a new drill?

Thanks

I have been well pleased with four 20v batteries I bought from a long time seller on Ebay...Less than 1/2 the price of the name brand batteries. I'd buy them again...
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(07-29-2019, 04:04 PM)JDuke Wrote: I’d get an adapter kit for about $119 from dewalt

Duke

I have one and I like it but......

1. Make darn sure you take the battery out or the next time you use it you'll have a dead battery.
2. According to Dewalt it only works with their lower capacity batteries, so if you buy extras make sure they will work with the adapter.
I’ve got two aftermarket batteries from Amazon I purchased about a year ago. So far so good. They don’t get heavy use but they seem to hold a charge as well as the DeWalt batteries
(07-30-2019, 08:12 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: .............................
I have been well pleased with four 20v batteries I bought from a long time seller on Ebay...Less than 1/2 the price of the name brand batteries. I'd buy them again...

Yep. Can't remember the sellers name offhand, but bought two 12v for one of my milwaukee drills a couple of years ago. Still going.
I need to pull the trigger and get some bt140's for my bosch drills. The battery's are dropping from old age. 10-12 years on them now.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020