anyone used Alfie Shine on metal?
I have something that should get painted, but I don't have time, so I'm going to use Alfie Shine on it.
(08-02-2019, 03:01 PM)EricU Wrote: I have something that should get painted, but I don't have time, so I'm going to use Alfie Shine on it.

I have used Alfie Shine to keep metal from rusting; it seems as good as any wax for that.  For metal, I don't find Alfie Shine to have the highest sheen, though...it could be what you want, or not what you want.  For a really high sheen on a saw-plate, for example, a Kiwi shoe polish or a Briwax really reflects well.

Chris
Chris
I don't really care about sheen, just want to keep the rust down for a couple of weeks.  Alfie Shine seems to take a while to harden up, have you noticed that is any worse on metal?
Alfie Shine does take a long time to harden up.  Long enough that basically I've taken to wiping it on and either not wiping it off, or waiting quite a long time to wipe it off.   I think it excels as a cleaner product and a deodorizing product, and is fine enough as a rust preventer.   But if I'm looking for a high build wax or a high gloss wax, I'll use something else.

Chris
Chris