Peppermills
Been on a Peppermill streak lately. Made 5 in the past two weeks and have two more kits to complete. THese three are shaped like duck calls. All three are hard maple. I was worried about the finish on the stained one, but it turned out nice. I used water based brown dye, then sealed the wood with thinned varnish, and then a gel stain followed buy several coats of clear lacquer. A few small chip-outs in the painted ones.

I like them. It’s a great idea.
If you haven’t done so try doing some glue ups. I use a combo of maple, tiger wood, blood wood and walnut. Ex, blood wood in the middle with walnut then tiger wood then walnut with black veneer in between on each side.

The great part is when you turn them you see all of the woods. Everyone I’ve made them for loved them.
Don
I do these puppies
Mel

Sorry I forgot the cap.

Attached Files Image(s)

ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Thats way cool. I have one more kit and really don't want to cut up the 4x4 cherry I have. I do have lots of scraps that would be perfect for this. Purpleheart, mulberry, walnut, cherry, maple, mahogany. Going to get something glued up this week.
Very nice! You could make some waterfowl hunters very happy 
Yes