Cabinet doors size and sag
I am making a display cabinet but I am having a hard time finding frameless, soft close, 3/8" overlay, hinges that I know come with a drilling template.  The part of the cabinet that has the door is 47"'X 17 1/4".  I was planning on putting 4 doors.  The 2 doors on the outside would be full overlay hinges (easy to find at the big box) the inside doors are where i need the 3/8" overlay hinges.  Now I am wondering if I could just make the cabinet with 2 doors that are 17 1/4" by 23 1/2".  My question is would those doors sag over time (2 hinges on each door)?  I would not think so but I am not an expert.
(08-05-2019, 09:03 PM)Clyde6N1 Wrote: I am making a display cabinet but I am having a hard time finding frameless, soft close, 3/8" overlay, hinges that I know come with a drilling template.  The part of the cabinet that has the door is 47"'X 17 1/4".  I was planning on putting 4 doors.  The 2 doors on the outside would be full overlay hinges (easy to find at the big box) the inside doors are where i need the 3/8" overlay hinges.  Now I am wondering if I could just make the cabinet with 2 doors that are 17 1/4" by 23 1/2".  My question is would those doors sag over time (2 hinges on each door)?  I would not think so but I am not an expert.

The doors won't sag if made properly, but they will look poor with those proportions.  As for hinges, you can use any Blum full overlay hinge for frameless cabinets with a 6 mm plate to give you 3/8" overlay.  Go to Blum's website; everything you'd ever need to know about Euro style hinges.  

John
Would the big doors look wonky with a double panel to brake up the field and add some visual balance?
Ray
Double panel might look better.
I never liked to go over 20" wide on a door, single or double.
Besides, that where my top rail patterns stopped at, 20".
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020