Military move damage... dining table
  Re: Military move damage... dining table by brax71 (Super-short summary ...)
handi (https://forums.woodnet.net/member.php?ac...le&uid=125) does custom work and is in your area. He may be able to help you price it.

Good luck.
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Dr. Sheldon Cooper
I am sure they would never pay studio price. I looked up Amish furniture and they offer similar tables for 1600 to 2200. That would seem to be a good place to start.

Thank you for your years of service.
If you have USAA Household Goods Insurance, it's worth a call to them to see if they might cover the difference between a HHG damage claim and any estimate you get from a custom builder. If you can't find a qualified builder to get a quote, price the cost of repairs for yourself in terms of materials and labor. I'd try $30/hour, which is on the very high end of custom furniture maker hourly rate according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I have done this as the repair shop.

The moving company can get a quote from a repair shop, use that for an insurance check.

I am in Fort Myers, I would be happy to help you with a repair quote, and do the repair if needed.
Ralph Bagnall
http://www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on Amazon Prime!
I built a farm style table with BB ends, walnut top and painted hard maple base. I’ve had 2 designers tell me it’s a $4-5k table done on commission. I’m sure that would be before the designers cut.