Toilet
Toilet was defective. Home Depot made full refund.
(08-09-2019, 06:36 PM)Gibbcutter Wrote: Toilet was defective. Home Depot made full refund.

Yea, I've already paid for that lesson too. Poor packaging and the drain hub being so low makes the trap prone to cracking before they get installed. My neighbor at camp got to four from H.D. before he got one undamaged. All said and done, it was free and he got paid about $20 for his troubles. (Still not worth it to me!)
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
I missed the thread I guess, what brand was the bad crapper?
Kohler. Apparently Kohler packages their substandard toilets for the big box stores and also makes one of lower quality. That’s why I only paid 250 and a plumbing supply charges 60 dollars more for the same item. I thought the problem was with the wax seal and also my installation technique. After 5 wax rings I contacted a plumber. He said, “don’t waste your money hiring me. Your toilet has a leak somewhere.” Last time I pulled it up, under the bowl, I saw a drip.

I’ll be thinking twice before I make an important purpose from Home Depot again.
(08-10-2019, 03:15 AM)Gibbcutter Wrote: Kohler. Apparently Kohler packages their substandard toilets for the big box stores and also makes one of lower quality. Other than your experience, do you have anything to back that up? That’s why I only paid 250 and a plumbing supply charges 60 dollars more for the same item. Everything is cheaper at the big box store than at the plumbing supplier. It's not because they are filling their shelves with factory seconds. I thought the problem was with the wax seal and also my installation technique. After 5 wax rings I contacted a plumber. He said, “don’t waste your money hiring me. Your toilet has a leak somewhere.” Last time I pulled it up, under the bowl, I saw a drip.

I’ll be thinking twice before I make an important purpose from Home Depot again.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Snipe,
My neighbor purchased a John Deer tractor from a John Deer dealership. Darn good machine. I saw the same model at a Home Depot. Noticeable difference in quality. I have seen lots of Internet feedback about the poor quality of stuff that comes from the big box stores.

Can I unequivocally substantiate my claim? No.
I didn't realize Home Depot ever sold the same equipment available from John Deer dealers. I've also seen the quality difference. I'll betcha if you compared model numbers, engines and all the other specs, you'll find they are not selling the same equipment. Maybe the same color but that's about it.

I've remodeled several homes and probably put in a dozen or more toilets from Home Depot (American Standard and Kholer) and haven't had an issue or seen any difference in quality between them and the same models at a plumbing supplier. Home Depot is cheaper, they're a discount store. If you opened an account with the plumbing supplier, you'd get a discount and a price closer to HD's.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Dear John doesn't sell the same models through depot and Lowes. It is a different model even cub cadet and husqvarna follow the same model. They both sell a cheaper version to the borgs but they are not labeled the same.

As for the toilet it's a semi handmade item made from cast mud that is baked and coated in fancy leak proof mud. Sometimes there is a bad spot or the glazing wasn't covered everywhere. Crap happens even in the making the toilets.
(08-09-2019, 06:36 PM)Gibbcutter Wrote: Toilet was defective. Home Depot made full refund.

Cadet 3 from HD I have bought and installed 12 no issues what so ever

This one 

033056914151 TOILET <A>          168.00
    CADET3 WHT CH ELG TOILET 2PC
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

A strange issue with Kohler from HD. (Bargain, of course.) Can't get a seat-lid set to stay in place. Steel hardware slips and slides, and plastic sucks through the ceramic holes.