Wine Glass Holder
Just finished up this wine glass holder for my brother and his GF. It started out with a plan that included coaster holder spots but with an errant design change it turned out even different than what the first design change was supposed to be. It’s walnut with a coat of watco natural, one coat gloss lacquer and two coats of gloss polyurethane on both pieces. The brass stopper is from Ruth Niles.

(08-11-2019, 05:42 PM)wood-chips Wrote: Just finished up this wine glass holder for my brother and his GF. It started out with a plan that included coaster holder spots but with an errant design change it turned out even different than what the first design change was supposed to be. It’s walnut with a coat of watco natural, one coat gloss lacquer and two coats of gloss polyurethane on both pieces. The brass stopper is from Ruth Niles.

Nice and clean design, I like it!
I have done some that were a bit different never thought of the stopper or the hole to hold it.

Some are less than perfect by a wide margin.  I was burning off scrap flooring and thicknesses varied with the different times in the shop 
and the templates I was making.  I finally settled on one not sure it is in the pic

[Image: 00L0L_2bmNB7qnNkM_1200x900.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(08-11-2019, 10:26 PM)Bob10 Wrote: I have done some that were a bit different never thought of the stopper or the hole to hold it.

Some are less than perfect by a wide margin.  I was burning off scrap flooring and thicknesses varied with the different times in the shop 
and the templates I was making.  I finally settled on one not sure it is in the pic

Those are nice.
(08-12-2019, 12:41 PM)wood-chips Wrote: Those are nice.

Thanks I was lucky to come across the flooring in the different types the wood is the star of the show.  
I may do some more as I came across more flooring
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Careful.... This is the type of project that your wife can decide 2 weeks before Christmas that she'd like to have 20 of them for her friends.
Uhoh

[Image: yoBraiT.jpg]
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

(08-20-2019, 12:25 PM)CLETUS Wrote: Careful.... This is the type of project that your wife can decide 2 weeks before Christmas that she'd like to have 20 of them for her friends.
Uhoh

[Image: yoBraiT.jpg]

well get started now and when she asks you will be ahead of the game

Phil Thien