Sketchup - web version is useless
(08-19-2019, 04:49 PM)Cecil Wrote: Downloaded Make 2017.  The pan worked.  Hopefully all is good now.

Good. What operating system are you running?
It's not Sketchup (partially).  On many interwebz sites Shift+Scroll Down is the keyboard shortcut for "Close/Exit Without Saving".  Not sure if it's a Windows or Google thing, but I run several machines with Windows 8-10.  In just plain Google, it takes you back to your default browser page.  Haven't noticed it in Chrome.  Happens on any site.
Good catch, Nick. I didn't think about the possibility of the scroll wheel being rolled while Shift is held. Pan is Shift+CMB but if the wheel rolls easily, it might be rolled down accidentally.
(08-19-2019, 05:06 PM)DaveR1 Wrote: Good. What operating system are you running?

(08-19-2019, 06:16 PM)DaveR1 Wrote: Good catch, Nick. I didn't think about the possibility of the scroll wheel being rolled while Shift is held. Pan is Shift+CMB but if the wheel rolls easily, it might be rolled down accidentally.

Windows 10.

<Shift>(Click scroll wheel)(Move Mouse) is pan, at least outside the browser. 

I see there are menu icons for this task as well.  I am sure they work in the browser.  However, now I have a "real" version, I will stick with it.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Yes. Shift + holding the mouse wheel down is Pan. Same in the web version as it has been in the desktop version from the beginning.

Hopefully you got Make installed correctly. On Windows machines that requires right clicking on the installer file and selecting Run as administrator from the Context menu. This is done while logged into Windows with your normal user ID.
(08-16-2019, 09:27 AM)DaveR1 Wrote: Reminds me of this old doctor I used to work with. He wanted to give me a nice bandsaw he'd bought a few months earlier. Said it wouldn't cut worth a crap so he wanted it out of his shop. I went over to pick it up and discovered he had the blade inside out and the teeth pointing up. Easy fix once the problem was identified but he was ready to just throw it away.

When I was selling tools I got a phone call from someone who had bought a bandsaw that came with a blade that was 'upside down'. I had a heck of a time trying to explain to him over the phone how to fix it. Finally he got and slinked off in shame.
(08-19-2019, 08:55 PM)paulmon Wrote: When I was selling tools I got a phone call from someone who had bought a bandsaw that came with a blade that was 'upside down'. I had a heck of a time trying to explain to him over the phone how to fix it. Finally he got and slinked off in shame.

Sometimes you just have to go show them. No need to be ashamed with something like that, of course.